Spyders That Just MUST Return

JD you are always asking the right questions! I would love to see a return of the Jester since the last sprint was still several years ago now. I'd like to see another sprint of any sort with burgandy micarta.

I would also love to see a return of many Terzuola/Spyderco collabs. One of my favorite slipjoints is the Terzuola Slipit. It would be cool to see a sprint run of the Starmate or Slipit

I wanted a sprig and went to buy one and they were gone. Superleaf and Superhawk would be cool too. I always wanted a Ti UKPK and they too were gone when I went to buy one

Ulize! My hands down vote, just upgrade the steel. :)
I would jump on a new Sprint Run ULIZE in a heartbeat>> but I do want it to be available in SE this time around. I've wanted to see how one of Spyderco's premium recurve models would perform in SE and I'm sure it would be awesome. And the ULIZE or possibly the Spyker model would be the ideal recurve model to put up in SE.

Ocelot!

Also yes a 'Nook 1 in better steel would be sweet.

But most importantly: Ocelot!

I would jump on a new Sprint Run ULIZE in a heartbeat>> but I do want it to be available in SE this time around. I've wanted to see how one of Spyderco's premium recurve models would perform in SE and I'm sure it would be awesome. And the ULIZE or possibly the Spyker model would be the ideal recurve model to put up in SE.
I have no need for one, but I could see the appeal for a recurve with serrated edge. I would love a Ulize in either 4V or CRUWEAR!

We need to see a return of the Superleaf. 4mm of FFG HAP40 would AWESOME!

Last edited:
We need to see a return of the Leafstorm. 4mm of FFG HAP40 would AWESOME!

I completely agree. My first experience with one was when I was in the ER, the doctor was carrying one.

I'd like to see a modified version of the Gayle Bradley 1, with a lockbar cutout.

The GB air should make a return as well.

I'd like to see more non-sprint options in CTS-XHP.

More CBBL knives would be nice while I'm dreaming.

Plain edge Atlantic Salt - Regular H1 hollow ground would be great. LC200N FFG would be amazing as well. Keep the original blade shape and not the new Rescue style.

Oh yeah--a full-serrated Millie too.

But mostly an Ocelot.
I would love to see both of those return. There has been so many guys on knife forums wanting to see the return of the SE Military model I'm kind of surprised they haven't done that one already. As far as the OCELOT goes I really love that mid-sized Wegner design a lot>> but if they do a new Sprint Run of that model I really want to see them eliminate those paw prints this next time around. Those paw print holes in the original OCELOT were a bad problem as far as being able to keep it clean.

Another vote here for the Kumo. Beautiful, beautiful knife
I loved the overall design of the KUMO but if they do a Sprint Run they must do it in a different handle for sure. If they do the KUMO either in a G-10 or Micarta handle you can count me in for sure.

I would love to see both of those return. There has been so many guys on knife forums wanting to see the return of the SE Military model I'm kind of surprised they haven't done that one already. As far as the OCELOT goes I really love that mid-sized Wegner design a lot>> but if they do a new Sprint Run of that model I really want to see them eliminate those paw prints this next time around. Those paw print holes in the original OCELOT were a bad problem as far as being able to keep it clean.

The paw prints are my favorite part! I use mine as a tactical, long-range package opener, so I never had a problem keeping it clean.

Reactions: sv4
I'd love to see the original Oil Chinese come back! Still kick myself for letting that go by.

The paw prints are my favorite part! I use mine as a tactical, long-range package opener, so I never had a problem keeping it clean.

Ooh, I like the looks of the ocelot. The paw prints are awesome, would match the tattoos I have.

Maybe an Ocelot 2, compression lock, micarta, CTS-XHP, keep paw prints, blade shape and grind.

Ooh, I like the looks of the ocelot. The paw prints are awesome, would match the tattoos I have.

Maybe an Ocelot 2, compression lock, micarta, CTS-XHP, keep paw prints, blade shape and grind.

Fun fact: I came up with the name for the Ocelot some 15 years ago. Sal asked the forum for name suggestions. I think the working name originally was Tracker.

I typically prefer compression locks too, but the Ocelot has the best-feeling back lock ever. A super-steel version would be amazing. But I'd buy half a dozen of any Ocelot reissue. I had three and I'm down to two in the collection.

Reactions: sv4
Haha. I have an Ocelot that has remained unused to this day because of the paw prints cutouts in the scales. But they sure look pretty :)

And it's odd that the SE Military hasn't resurfaced till now. Since they now have the full SE PM2 available now..

I'd like to see a bunch of various Q (1995 Blade Show Knife of the Year) & S models and the Citadel make a return.

Last edited:
Back