Spyders That Just MUST Return

I think there are enough Q models already lol

However I would like to see more fully skeletonized models like the R and S

The paw prints are my favorite part! I use mine as a tactical, long-range package opener, so I never had a problem keeping it clean.
Well I actually field dressed a white-tail deer with my OCELOT model>> two days later it smelt like a corpse in hot weather. It was quite a job getting it clean and santized too. Again if the OCELOT were to return I would love to have another one but only with a solid handle minus the paw prints. Keep in mind that Tim Wegner designed those 3 Spyderco models as outoor, hunter type folders. I liked all of Wegner's designs but I actually will use them for what they are intended for.

Reactions: sv4
J D Smith! Such a sweet knife!

Mike
The JD Smith is in my JD's Top 10 favorite Spyder list and has been for years now. A JD Smith model in one of the newer supersteels would be a dream come true for me as well. Even in VG-10 the JD Smith is an elegant design and quite functional. Even the JD Smith in SE is an awesome EDC tool.

I’d be all over a blurple S110v Chokwe
I've wanted a Chokwe in any other steel other than S30V for a long time now. A Chokwe in S110V or M390 I would be all over that one. Also the Chokwe is very similar to the JD Smith in blade design. But I'm just not a fan of S30V for a lot of reasons>> however I am a fan of many of Crucibles other great blade steels.

I really hope we get another superblue Delica.

Also- I hope we see more of the sprint run delicas with wharncliffe blade options.

I really hope we get another superblue Delica.

Also- I hope we see more of the sprint run delicas with wharncliffe blade options.
Ashamed to say I've not yet ever used a Spyder with Hitachi Superblue blade steel. I've traded and fliped a couple and I regret that I've not yet test driven one. That Superblue would be a great steel for them to consider for a Chokwe if they ever bring it back again. There has been talk of a smaller version of the Chokwe but I would have no interest in that. Where I live we have a 4 inch blade limit and I try to take advantage of it. I EDC a Spyderco M390 Military model along with one of my several full SE Spyderco Hawkbills as a companion blade. That combo has worked for me for a long time now.

A PARA2 with Superblue would also be an intriguing temptation if they would ever make one of those.

I also wish that Spyderco would start doing Sprint Runs of some of their older classics in Spyderedge. There are so many guys that want to see a full Spyderedged version of the C-36 Military return. Also I would just drool over a Spyderedged version of the C-60 Ayoob. I won't shut up till we get one of those.

More micarta options in general.
One of the older, original late 90s Micarta models that was always dear to my heart was the C-54 big Calypso model. When it was offered in Micarta you could also get it in SE & PE both. To my knowledge I think it was the very first folder they ever offered in VG-10. I'm pretty sure of that because I owned almost everything of theirs at that time and it was the first folder to my recollection in VG-10>> the fixed blade Moran model I think was the first of any knife they offered in VG-10.

index.php

index.php

I’d like to see a sprint of the older Delica 3 or Endura 3, maybe in g10 even. I personally always preferred their blade shape over the D4/ E4

I completely agree. My first experience with one was when I was in the ER, the doctor was carrying one.

I'd like to see a modified version of the Gayle Bradley 1, with a lockbar cutout.

The GB air should make a return as well.

I'd like to see more non-sprint options in CTS-XHP.

More CBBL knives would be nice while I'm dreaming.

You read my mind on all of these, but most of all I want the GB Air to come back. It’s an EDC classic.

Back