Spyders That Just MUST Return

index.php

You don't know how many times I petitioned Sal & Co. to bring back this great C-50 Centofante model>> only to have Sal inform me that the tooling for that model and the C-25 ( it's little brother) are all gone. I wish I could get another one of these in PE & SE both. That simple but yet very useful blade design is really handy for EDC uses. All of the great models out of that ATS-34 era were some of the best old-school Spyders ever IMO.

I like these models although I always thought the liner lock was a little too thin.I also have the smaller Centofante with a PE.

Here is another interesting Spyderco.
index.php

index.php

I completely agree. My first experience with one was when I was in the ER, the doctor was carrying one.

I'd like to see a modified version of the Gayle Bradley 1, with a lockbar cutout.

The GB air should make a return as well.

I'd like to see more non-sprint options in CTS-XHP.

More CBBL knives would be nice while I'm dreaming.

I'd love to see a "new" GB1 (GB3?) that would be the same form factor as the 1, but in a backlock.

I'd love to see a "new" GB1 (GB3?) that would be the same form factor as the 1, but in a backlock.

I'm not a huge fan of back locks, especially on a very robust knife like a GB. At the same time, I doubt a CBBL is feasible. We'll see what Spyderco does.

I like these models although I always thought the liner lock was a little too thin.I also have the smaller Centofante with a PE.

Here is another interesting Spyderco.
index.php

index.php
I always liked the concept of the old Spyder-Card. It's one of the very few Spyders that was ever made with AUS-6 blade steel. That alone kept me from ever buying one of these units. But again I do like that concept of being able to carry a blade in your wallet. I haven't even seen one of these in at least 8 years or so. It seems like the Spyder-Card and SpyderSaw were both out about the same time. The SpyderSaw was a really nice garden tool but I never could figure out how to sharpen it.

I would have got one of these Spyder-Cards had they been made in VG-10.

I always liked the concept of the old Spyder-Card. It's one of the very few Spyders that was ever made with AUS-6 blade steel. That alone kept me from ever buying one of these units. But again I do like that concept of being able to carry a blade in your wallet. I haven't even seen one of these in at least 8 years or so. It seems like the Spyder-Card and SpyderSaw were both out about the same time. The SpyderSaw was a really nice garden tool but I never could figure out how to sharpen it.

I would have got one of these Spyder-Cards had they been made in VG-10.
You need to use files for saw blades and a jig to hold it.

You need to use files for saw blades and a jig to hold it.
Oh I know how to sharpen most saw blades. But the configuration on that Spyder-Saw I really don't know how you could sharpen it without some type of professional jig set up. That row of saw teeth on that Spyder-Saw was very similar to some Felco Swiss made garden tools I used to own. Now Felco had a device you could buy to do theirs. But again I couldn't see any practical way to get to these saw teeth without damaging it.

I sharpen a wide range of woodworking tools as well as all of my knives. But sharpening that Spyder-Saw was a completely different animal.

SE lil Matriarch!!!
As popular and as high in demand as that Lil Matriarch is I can't for the life of me understand why they just don't bring it back to the main line up. IF they would add the Lil Matriarch and the original Spyderhawk both to the main line up they would sell both of those units by the dozens.

The four Hossom’s would be nice to see again
Those Hossom models were some interesting designs. They were one of the very few of the 2005 era Spyders that I never owned. But other than hacking something or batoning I can't think of anything I could use those for. I haven't even seen any of the Hossom models in at least 8 to 10 years. I never even see them on the secondary markets.

When those Hossom models were out there was a fixed blade called the Kumo that I sort of liked but I never got one because I just didn't really like that paracord wrapped handle on it. But the blade design on that KUMO was awesome.

I would love to see the Slysz Bowie and the Nirvana come back. Im a huge fan of both but Im looking at a grand to buy both second hand. Thats a little nutty for me. At that price I would buy a Norseman first.

Oh I know how to sharpen most saw blades. But the configuration on that Spyder-Saw I really don't know how you could sharpen it without some type of professional jig set up. That row of saw teeth on that Spyder-Saw was very similar to some Felco Swiss made garden tools I used to own. Now Felco had a device you could buy to do theirs. But again I couldn't see any practical way to get to these saw teeth without damaging it.

I sharpen a wide range of woodworking tools as well as all of my knives. But sharpening that Spyder-Saw was a completely different animal.
Maybe a better question would be what were you going to be sawing through that would dull the teeth?

Back