Spyders That Just MUST Return

index.php

index.php

Plain edge harpy
There used to be that one Japan knife distributing company and I believe it was G-Sakai if I remember correctly. They offered those plain edged Harpy models along with several other older models that were no longer offered here in the USA. I haven't even seen a PE Harpy for sale or trade in probably 2 years or so.

I think you can still get the TASMAN in PE. But if you're like me I would also rather have the Harpy model. It's just a little bit better built.

As often as the request for the PE Harpy continues to come up I'm kind of surprised that they just don't keep it available.

Maybe a better question would be what were you going to be sawing through that would dull the teeth?
If you do serious pruning, landscaping and garden work you will eventually get your saw dull.

With that said I will just go with the Swiss made Felco line of gardening equipment. They offer jigs to sharpen their pruning and garden saws with. But yes during intense use you will dull the saw just doing the work it's intended to do.

But the old Spydersaw was a nice tool though..

Being an outdoorsman,I would like to see some of the collaborations which were designed for hunters.
index.php
I want another IMPALA model with the guthook like the one you've got pictured really bad. I'm hoping that Spyderco will do a Sprint Run of this great Spyderco outdoor classic. If I remember right I believe that model was also available in combo edge. And I do like a combo edge for outdoor uses.

If you do serious pruning, landscaping and garden work you will eventually get your saw dull.

With that said I will just go with the Swiss made Felco line of gardening equipment. They offer jigs to sharpen their pruning and garden saws with. But yes during intense use you will dull the saw just doing the work it's intended to do.

But the old Spydersaw was a nice tool though..
I'd suspect for the size of that thing it was meant for light use like hiking and so on where you might want to clean up blowdown but no for full on landscaping.

If I had to file one I'd just put it in a vise with some wood blocks as soft jaws and go at it like that.

There used to be that one Japan knife distributing company and I believe it was G-Sakai if I remember correctly. They offered those plain edged Harpy models along with several other older models that were no longer offered here in the USA. I haven't even seen a PE Harpy for sale or trade in probably 2 years or so.

I think you can still get the TASMAN in PE. But if you're like me I would also rather have the Harpy model. It's just a little bit better built.

As often as the request for the PE Harpy continues to come up I'm kind of surprised that they just don't keep it available.

I rattled that tree so many times, in fact they even sent over a serrated harpy by mistake but apologized profusely when they got it wrong. Someone offered me a PE harpy cause i kept asking and asking when I first joined the forums. I have several of the tasmans actually but like that stainless steel.

I want another IMPALA model with the guthook like the one you've got pictured really bad. I'm hoping that Spyderco will do a Sprint Run of this great Spyderco outdoor classic. If I remember right I believe that model was also available in combo edge. And I do like a combo edge for outdoor uses.

Perhaps you're thinking about the Tim Wegner C48.
index.php

Perhaps you're thinking about the Tim Wegner C48.
index.php
Glad you brought up that Wegner model from the late 90s. I've had at least 6 of those and about 4 of the Wegner Jr. models over the years. I did like the Wegner models that Spyderco put out but I still personally liked Spyderco's Ed Scott IMPALA model just a bit better. The Wegners and the Scott IMPALA were both great outdoor/hunting models>> and again it's probably a Ford vs Chevy argument for sure>> but I liked the IMPALA just a bit better for ergonomic reasons if nothing else.

But if they were to re-introduce a Wegner with M390 or 10V or M-4 I would be all over it. But I don't think that can happen from what I'm told.

Air and cqi rookie.
Now the ROOKIE is one Spyderco model that I truly think came out perfect from the beginning. I actually rate it as being a near perfect EDC folder. I would love a Rookie just the way they are with a supersteel blade and a G-10 handle.
I tend to like the bigger folders for the work I do most of the time. But that ROOKIE model was/is great just the way it is.

Now it's big brother the Classic POLICE model>> there are a lot of possibilities that can be done with that model.

Now the ROOKIE is one Spyderco model that I truly think came out perfect from the beginning. I actually rate it as being a near perfect EDC folder. I would love a Rookie just the way they are with a supersteel blade and a G-10 handle.
I tend to like the bigger folders for the work I do most of the time. But that ROOKIE model was/is great just the way it is.

Now it's big brother the Classic POLICE model>> there are a lot of possibilities that can be done with that model.
100% for a no CQI Rookie!

Ok then no cqi, either way the Rookie. Although I’d like the handle thickness between the original and the sprint.

I would love to see the Bowie, Tuff, and Sage 4 make a comeback.
I missed the boat on that TUFF model when it was available and I've always wanted to try one out. It looks like a super rugged tank of a knife and they were made with great blade steel as well.

It truly surprises me that some of these models got discontinued in the first place. The TUFF must have had a really lofty price tag. That Slysz Bowie was also one during that time slot that I missed as well. I think it was available in two different blade steels from what I can remember.

Back