Spydie Book Proposal

I would like to read the "Spyderco Story" but I am not willing to pay 70.00 dollars for a book at this time. So I have devised a plan.
I will buy the book for 70.00. Take 2 or 3 weeks to absorb it then ship it to one of you for 52.50 where in turn, you will read it then ship it to a prearranged member for 35.00. Repeat the process for 17.50 the last man will put it in this forum to be passed around for shipping charges only.
I offer this proposal to those interested. We can prearrange the people and order to be posted. After that, we can use the same post to track how many readers total read this book. If we all take really good care of it that could be quite a few readers.
We all become smarter Spydie fans, It cuts down on the investment, and it unites us in another project we all can follow.
I will let you guys trouble shoot the concept and refine it. When 3 more agree and post, then I will buy the book.

------------------
Bill
Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

[This message has been edited by highrent1 (edited 03-04-2000).]

Personally I would like to see a DISCOUNT ON THE SPYDERCO BOOK FOR BF MEMBERS!! C'mon Sal, how about it huh?? Pretty please??
wink.gif

I beleive I am correct in saying, Sal nor Spyderco have anything to do with the printing, publishing, or distibution of this book.

------------------
Bill
Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

Good plan Highrent!! I will gladly accept the last position of paying postage only!!
smile.gif

L8r,
Nakano

You get that on the big jobs
wink.gif

I still like the BF discount idea...

70 buck? obviously the guy who wrote it didn't do enough research. Spyderco makes affordable, high quality knives, and the people who would be interested in reading the book (Spyderco buyers) would probably much rather have a new Police than a book.

I think that asking that kind of price for any book short of an all inclusive guide to everything is absurd.

I don`t think that $70 is too out of line. The cost of printing a photo-intensive book that will be of limited interest is expensive. Perhaps a paperbound edition someday?

Back