SpydieChef 2 Prototype

I love it, but I think to put a functional Spydie hole in it, it's going to get "humpy"...

Maybe it can be a front-flipper, and have a small hole, a la Mantra 2?

I love it, but I think to put a functional Spydie hole in it, it's going to get "humpy"...

Maybe it can be a front-flipper, and have a small hole, a la Mantra 2?
Have you not seen the original Spydie Chef?
There's no hump. There's a cutout in the non-lock side scale for the hole.

That was weird....somehow my picture ended up in the quotes
fixed for ya

15185802619661067163244-jpg.848357

Really liking this design. Since it was released, I hoped Spyderco would consider a Mantra 2 XL with LC. The Spydie Chef 2 blade shape is similar, a sleeker design with beautiful lines. Presuming this would also be LC and hope it has a blade closer to 4". A must have. Would also make a great saltwater knife.

Last edited:
I own the original Spydiechef which is increasingly becoming one of my faves now that it has had time to break in to become as smooth as glass (a deserved hyperbole!). If /when the new Slysz-Spydiechef should actually happen, it will be a very nice compliment as a larger and stealthier companion to it's older and fatter brother, but I still would NOT kick the original Slysz-SC outta the collection / rotation.

OMG! The spydiechef is already one of my favorite Spyderco’s ever, but every single thing about this is an improvement in my book!

• marcins_knivesHi guys! Just to clarify - it’s not yet at the prototype stage with Spyderco. It’s just my new custom variant of Spydiechef knife, so to be consequent I gave it a working name Spydiechef Gen.2 but as you can imagine the final knife will surely have the opening hole. So put your excitement in stand-by, so far it’s a custom MarcinS. But thanks for your interetst and kind words. Mostly appreciated!

if I'm able to spydie flick it on the production version I'll get one. else it looks great as it is now.

I'd been hoping for a Mantra 2 XL in LC, simple clean lines at a reasonable price. Great in the hand and in the pocket. Extra blade mass and bearing CQI will improve action and make it perfect. (Work your magic Eric) The SpydieChef2 looks great though it will come at a much higher price. I'm in for either.

Last edited:
Old thread; but I'd be interested in a Mantra2 XL... not in s30v, though

This was a prototype for the custom version of his design, it was not promise or even hinting at a Spydiechef 2. He only called it that because it was a simple name for a sequel design.

if that is the spydiexef2 (more or less), than i must admit that i'd prefer the 9097 xef1!

Back