SpydieChef thread

I considered getting a Chef back when they first came out, but never did. Finally got one and it'll be here later this week. Been looking for a polished clip or one of the RGT clips, but can't find any available. Are the upgraded Spydiechef clips no longer a thing (RGT Ti)?
They are still on his site so I would say yes.

Just got mine earlier this week, been wanting a higher end Spyderco for a while as I love the companies knives. Was at first underwhelmed the action was beyond stiff and lockstick terrible. After taking it apart, cleaning it, and adding some froglube....man this thing kicks ass. It is truly in another class than my PM2 (which is an amazing knife). Bought it from BladeHQ so kind of bummed a brand new knife would need me to completely disassemble and clean/lube to function but now that it does it is a pleasure to use.

Quick question however, do you guys use locitite on your pivot? I obviously put some on all the scale screws, but didnt add any to the pivot as I wasnt sure if it would need adjusting or not. Seems like its not moving too much in regular use however even without the loctite. I dont want to take it out one day however and realize a pivot screw is missing.

referring to the blue i think not permanent loctite.

Dr Rez Dr Rez
I use LockTite on everything except my Sebenza 21’s.
Body screws and anything smaller than T8 get low strength purple 222.
Pivots usually get medium blue 242, though I’m starting to use more purple there too.

Once you have the pivot adjusted to your liking, it shouldn’t need adjustment until the next time you take it apart.

Since I have it around for knives, I put it on almost everything, mostly the 222, just to add a skosh of extra break-free protection.

Hello,
I love my Chef, and it is my edc for last 2 years (original).
I would love it even more with polished blade and /maybe/ CF scale. Would you recommend anyone could help with that, please?

Back