SR11-auminum vs titanium

I am planning on buying an SR11 this week. Really can't decide on either the aluminum or titanium version. I plan on carrying it so I am leaning towards the aluminum for the lower weight. The Ti models look great but are they worth twice the price? How do they carry?

I dont own a TI integral, but my guess is that they are much stronger than the AL version, and can handle rough and abusive use better. For regular cutting, the AL version is perfect.

I have an aluminum Sr-1 that seems extremely solid. I am sure that the Ti version is theoretically stronger, but as long as you aren't batoning or doing anything silly with it then it should be fine. I have been very happy with my aluminum Sr-1.

I have the SR1 in Ti and the SR11 in red aluminum. Having bought the Ti first, I wanted my 11 to be different and also didn't want to shell out as much for the 2nd knife. The lighter weight is a bit more "carryable", but i really have no issue with the heavier knife. You can't go wrong with either knife and should know the standard BF answer here is "Get Both".

vReExyh.jpg

Back