SR11 Flipper

My LionSteel SR-11 Titanium Black Stonewashed flipper arrived. It's a big, beefy flipper and in black stonewashed it looks great. The texturing and contouring of the handle are excellent. The flipper action is not great. My KUR Metamorphosis from last year has better flipper action but it's a liner lock. Everything else is spot on. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

28fd4bc3-9b70-4b37-a1ee-2a5b69f9fd35_zpsb83gnst6.jpg

93b5d3e4-0c09-4926-b300-ed6e7a6c9993_zpsg4yloiq1.jpg

393c084b-174f-42ac-b66e-d342787daf14_zpsxqr3enyg.jpg

Last edited:
My LionSteel SR-11 Titanium Black Stonewashed flipper arrived. It's a big, beefy flipper and in black stonewashed it looks great. The texturing and contouring of the handle are excellent. The flipper action is not great. My KUT Meta from last year has better flipper action but it's a liner lock. Everything else is spot on. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

I ended up snagging the gray titanium model from lamnia. Can't wait!!

My sr11 came in today.....very impressed. This is my first lionsteel but will not be my last. It made it to the house about 45 minutes after I left to work an evening shift so I had a hard time staying focused when I knew it was waiting for me at home. ;)

20170608_003211_zpslfkptpu7.jpg

20170608_003220_zpsixsm429v.jpg

20170608_003248_zpskk2or5to.jpg

20170608_003303_zpsw401kade.jpg

Pretty sure they're caged bearings but I haven't taken mine apart.
its caged. even my lionsteel TM1 which was suppose to be loose bearings from all the advertising still came with caged bearings.

(The flipper action is not great) can you be more specific on the flipping action ?

(The flipper action is not great) can you be more specific on the flipping action ?

I don't know what other flippers you're familiar with?

On the SR-11 folder unless you use a full light switch or push button it won't deploy all the way. This is specially true if the blade will deploy straight up where gravity has to work the hardest. Overall, the SR-11 flipper action is better than TRE but worse than KUR.

My LionSteel SR-11 Titanium Black Stonewashed flipper arrived. It's a big, beefy flipper and in black stonewashed it looks great. The texturing and contouring of the handle are excellent. The flipper action is not great. My KUR Metamorphosis from last year has better flipper action but it's a liner lock. Everything else is spot on. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

Still enjoying yours?

Still enjoying yours?

Yes. Can't put it down. As long as I give the flipper tab a full swing it will deploy. Soft pressing the flipper tab and it won't all the way if the blade is pointing straight up. It's actually getting smoother.

The black stonewashed finish is a stunner and I like how the hardware matches up well.

With the flipper acting as guard it's an extremely secure hold.

The SR-11 will sell for about the same as SR-1 but with IKBS it's smoother. Also, the glass breaker is tungsten carbide.

I had to tighten the RotoBlock since it would loosen up, move and thus you couldn't close the blade.

The blade centering was a little off and by tightening the pivot (torx does it) it was centered although not as free swinging. It may or may not need a drop of Blue Loctite.

It's a big and beefy flipper weighing 6.74 ounces in titanium.

Last edited:
Yes. Can't put it down. As long as I give the flipper tab a full swing it will deploy. Soft pressing the flipper tab and it won't all the way if the blade is pointing straight up. It's actually getting smoother.

The black stonewashed finish is a stunner and I like how the hardware matches up well.

With the flipper acting as guard it's an extreemly secure hold.

The SR-11 will sell for about the same as SR-1 but with IKBS it's smoother. Also, the glass breaker is tungsten carbide.

I had to tighten the RotoBlock since it would loosen up, move and thus you couldn't close the blade.

The blade centering was a little off and by tightening the pivot (torx does it) it was centered although not as free swinging. It may or may not need a drop of Blue Loctite.

Glad to hear!! Mine shows up tomorrow

With the flipper acting as guard it's an extremely secure hold.

I got mine, and I absolutely love it. A couple things I noticed upon arrival..... I had to bend the clip so it was touching the scale, a little gritty(easily fixed), and it has a bit of a rounded tip(I'm guessing is due to the convex edge). Any of those similar to yours? The tip bothers me the most but how

Action is fantastic and I love the detent. The roto block feature is very cool. I read somewhere that it rolls into place automatically, but mine does not. I'm not mad at this lol.

I got mine, and I absolutely love it. A couple things I noticed upon arrival..... I had to bend the clip so it was touching the scale, a little gritty(easily fixed), and it has a bit of a rounded tip(I'm guessing is due to the convex edge). Any of those similar to yours? The tip bothers me the most but how

Action is fantastic and I love the detent. The roto block feature is very cool. I read somewhere that it rolls into place automatically, but mine does not. I'm not mad at this lol.

The clip has a gap on mine as well. Depending on the pants you wear it may or may not be an issue.

Mine was smooth but a drop of nano-oil on the detent ball helped.

I like the tip as is. I don't need it that pointy.

The Rotoblock is supposed to be manually set by the user. Mine was a little loose and sometimes it was engaging the manual safety which I don't like. I tightened the screw and no issues since.

Last edited:
For those that have them did you purchase from a US dealer? Still can't find the Aluminum

Gianni,

Why is the Titanium (at 6.6 ounces) more than a full ounce HEAVIER than the aluminum? (5.15 ounces)?

Please tell me it's a typo?! I live this knife, and cannot wait to purchase one.

Back