St. Nick’s Native 4V exclusive and some gripes

If you bought a St. Nick’s Native 4V did you keep it or did you flip it.

• Kept it

• Bought it flip

• Lie and said you kept it but really flipped it

• I wasn’t able to get one but wanted one

Results are only viewable after voting.

trackstar55

Gold Member
I heard or read somewhere this was limited to 300 pieces. I have seen probably all 300 at some point this past week on here and EBAY. It’s frustrating because all I want is this knife and to use it. But it seems like everyone is an opportunist. Same thing happened with the PDW Sebenza. Sold for $350. People immediately began posting them here and on eBay for $700-$800 the next day. Just stupid. I know I’m griping. But anyone actually use their St. Nick’s Native 4V or did everyone sell theirs.

Maybe I need to do a poll but it seems like a majority of people bought theirs to flip. Maybe St. Nick’s and Spyderco need to jack up the price like Grimsmo and other knife makers to combat this crap.

I’d rather pay the markup to Spyderco and St. Nick’s than to a flipper/opportunist. At least Spyderco and others are paying Health insurance to its workers, workers comp and taxes. The flipper pockets the cash and pays no taxes on the income.

Last edited:
I got one not knowing if I was going to like it. When I got it I didn’t like it as much as I thought. It felt really small but it did feel good in hand. I ended up getting new scales for it and now I really like it. It is definitely a keeper. I have carried it 3 times now and I still haven’t used it cut anything. This is my first experience with 4v as well.
D96C74D9-2479-449B-A8BC-B721B2BC710A.jpeg

I appreciate the honest vote so far of whoever said they bought it to flip it.

3rLWfhM.jpg

Flippers, in conjunction with the unavailability of knives because they've been gobbled up by flippers, has the net effect of turning me off to a brand. I have no desire to compete with flippers nor any desire to pay their asking price, but lots of people will do both. Want to end flipping instantly? Don't buy from flippers AND don't compete with flippers to buy so called "desirable" knives. It only adds fuel to their fire. Yes, that St. Nick Native 4V 1 of 300 might be the best knife ever, but if I cut something with a knife and then present 5 knives to you and ask you which one did the cutting, odds are that you won't have any idea. I love Spyderco as a company as well as their knives for all sorts of reasons. However, I have what I need, and what I have will certainly last my lifetime and then some. YMMV.

It can be frustrating to want something and not be able to get it. Especially when someone who didn't want it bought it to sale at a profit. Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast. Many places are putting a limit to how many you can buy now. Unfortunately the market will determine what they sale for. The DLT Exclusives aren't going for much more than they sold for new because the market is beginning to get a little flooded.

I got one to keep and use. I bought the original Lil Native when it first came out and loved it. I stopped carrying a PM2 because they just feel unnecessarily large in the pocket. The Lil Native is going to be around for awhile, so I'm sure more exclusives and sprints are in the works.

With regards to flippers, yes they suck. I have paid too much for a particular knife in the past because I missed the drop. The whole secondary market functions on irrationality and impulse.

I am pretty sure St. Nick's will do another batch at some point. If not them, some other group will do an exclusive. Don't be afraid of picking up the regular compression lock Lil Native, you won't be let down.

I got one to keep and use. I bought the original Lil Native when it first came out and loved it. I stopped carrying a PM2 because they just feel unnecessarily large in the pocket. The Lil Native is going to be around for awhile, so I'm sure more exclusives and sprints are in the works.

With regards to flippers, yes they suck. I have paid too much for a particular knife in the past because I missed the drop. The whole secondary market functions on irrationality and impulse.

I am pretty sure St. Nick's will do another batch at some point. If not them, some other group will do an exclusive. Don't be afraid of picking up the regular compression lock Lil Native, you won't be let down.

I have one and love it. I liked the color combo on this one along with the steel.

There’s several dlt exclusives on the exchange right now for m390 para 3’s and it’s all for a minuscule 30-60 dollar markup! Get a job and would be way more profitable. Sadly we’re just in a society where no one wants to work but everyone is entitled. And it’s not what this country was founded on, and why it’s failing. Every one wants everything free! Oh wait it’s not free.

So, nobody should sell their knives at what the market will pay? If you bought a Chris Reeve Ti Lock or
a ZT 0777 would you only be asking what you paid for it since you hate "Opportunists" so much? Do you really think that Spyderco knives that are produced in such low numbers are not going to increase in price? How is the PM2 S90V any different than the ST. Nick's Native 4V?

Spyderco still makes a Native in other steels that I'm sure will work for whatever task you have so one of them should work if you don't want to deal with those unsavory types who price their knives at what people will pay for them.

Edit: By the way, Spyderco can counter this by making more and not limiting the numbers.

So, nobody should sell their knives at what the market will pay? If you bought a Chris Reeve Ti Lock or
a ZT 0777 would you only be asking what you paid for it since you hate "Opportunists" so much? Do you really think that Spyderco knives that are produced in such low numbers are not going to increase in price? How is the PM2 S90V any different than the ST. Nick's Native 4V?

Spyderco still makes a Native in other steels that I'm sure will work for whatever task you have so one of them should work if you don't want to deal with those unsavory types who price their knives at what people will pay for them.

Edit: By the way, Spyderco can counter this by making more and not limiting the numbers.

Or they can just jack up the price like other knife makers have to combat the flippers. We will just agree to disagree on this topic friend.

Back