ST300 sheath ?

Okay, this is probably a stupid question. I acquired a like-new ST300 in a trade. I like it a lot, but will confess that it spends most of its time in the glovebox of my truck, as it's not a light-weight. It came with two sheaths, leather and a bit larger nylon? When it is on my belt it's in the nylon. I noticed for the first time the other day that the sheath has an internal elastic band that is the width of the sheath and about 2/3rds the depth. What is it's purpose? The tool can fit under it but I don't think with the Velcro flap closure that its purpose would be additional security. thanks

Okay, this is probably a stupid question. I acquired a like-new ST300 in a trade. I like it a lot, but will confess that it spends most of its time in the glovebox of my truck, as it's not a light-weight. It came with two sheaths, leather and a bit larger nylon? When it is on my belt it's in the nylon. I noticed for the first time the other day that the sheath has an internal elastic band that is the width of the sheath and about 2/3rds the depth. What is it's purpose? The tool can fit under it but I don't think with the Velcro flap closure that its purpose would be additional security. thanks
That sheath would be for a different model ( I wanna say the wave ) and the elastic pocket is for the set of bits that said model accepts.

I bought my dad a brand new super tool 300 as an early christmas gift a couple weeks ago which came with the sturdy leather sheath ( one of the reasons I chose it )

Thanks. I hadn't considered that possibility, but it makes sense. The leather sheath for it looks about half as wide, but fits it perfectly. The guy probably just threw in a sheath from a bit driver model. I've heard the warnings about storing knives, guns , etc. in leather due to long-term moisture/rust issues, but considering I wipe religiously wipe down and lube every metal thing I own that even comes near a drop of water I doubt it would be a problem. I do tend to stay away from leather items during traditional archery deer seasons due to some tanned leathers having an odor, but that's probably overkill too!

You'll find it pretty tough to rust a 300 just due to leather moisture. I've been running one hard for 6 or 7 years as well as its little brother the Rebar. I'm a contractor so it routinely sees sweat, mud, grime, dirt, mud, chlorinated water, and mud, and I haven't managed to cause more than some superficial spotting at the rougher parts of the castings at the jaws and maybe a couple flecks down where the tools rest. I take care of my tools, but it's not uncommon for my MT to pressed into some sort of job while digging and getting nothing more than a shake and fold with mud in the workings for several hours until I can detail it.

They take a lot of abuse.

I carry mine in a custom leather sheath that I made for it. I prefer a molded friction for without a flap.

Back