Stacked leather handles

I've loved stacked leather handles ever since I owned my first Ka-bar.

Who has a knife with a stacked leather handle they love?

What's the secret to great stacked leather?

And who makes the nicest stacked leather handles these days, on a knife that's worth owning for a lifetime?

I'll start with a beauty: Fallkniven NL5, photo by @BryFry. I think Hattori is the maker on this one.
Z2V6fWD.png

Last edited:
I recently stripped my leather handled Ka-Bar USN Mk1. Great knife! I'll get pics up later. I'd love to have my Carbon V SRK rehandled in leather sometime.

Zieg

I've got a Case 316-5 that was my go to hunting knife for over 10 years. Its field dressed and processed probably two dozen deer and a couple elk. The handle has darkened with age and use but it's still as solid as the day I bought it. Sheath is showing lots of battle scars from life in the brush and rubbing against tree bark while sitting in stands.

I've loved stacked leather handles ever since I owned my first Ka-bar.

Who has a knife with a stacked leather handle they love?

What's the secret to great stacked leather?

And who makes the nicest stacked leather handles these days, on a knife that's worth owning for a lifetime?

I'll start with a beauty: Fallkniven NL5, photo by @BryFry. I think Hattori is the maker on this one.
Z2V6fWD.png
That NL5 has long been on my 'want' list. Expensive though!

I love stacked leather handles. The only ones I currently own are all military issue ones, but for current made chec out Ed Martin. He does a fine job with them. He is working on some of his classics this year hoping to offer up three a week. He has retired from taking orders now, and will retire all ogether in another year or two. When he does the world will lose an extremely talented knife maker

Here are a few modern productions that have caught my eye recently. Images link back to original IG posts. (I don't know these makers and can't vouch!)

Vehement Knives version of the Marble's 1950s Jet Pilot Survival Knife:

Serge Panchenko knife:

Wilder Forge knife:

Back