stacked leather

HI folks,wondering what you treat your stacked leather handles with.I have a 119 that i would like to treat.I did put some Armorall leather restorer on it. It seemed to take it ok,Thanx Ben

I use bag balm on all my leather. I’m happy with it. Petroleum jelly and lanolin mixed and an antiseptic.

Since I started with it I haven’t had the white mold blooms I used to get.

Use it at your own risk because it is really only recommended for cows. Then again cows are made of leather.

Thanx guys, i will think on what product to use. I have a few and they seem dry so will do somthing. Thanks for the advise

Thanx guys, i will think on what product to use. I have a few and they seem dry so will do somthing. Thanks for the advise
I use Montana Pitch Blend

Montana Pitch-Blend All-Natural Leather Dressing is made from pine pitch, pure mink oil, and natural beeswax.

It offers the same rich conditioner as our Leather Oil, plus even greater protection and water repellency for tougher climates and uses.
  • Rich conditioning preservative paste, with the very highest water repellency.
  • Gives leather a deep, rich glow when buffed.
  • Leaves no residue behind in carved or tooled leather.
1631759771674.png

I use Obenauffs heavy duty LP on all my leather for the most part.
On old stuff I have acquired ( including old stacked leather knives ) I will use Angelus neatsfoot oil, but I have heard that once you use neatsfoot oil theres no going back.

Back