Stacked numbers on Schrade

Good afternoon,
I am new ( hello!) This is my first post. I have inherited 2 Schrade( possibly more) pocket knives from my father and I am trying to learn a little more about one of them. I want to understand my Dads love of collecting them. The one in question from what I can tell from the markings which are
Schrade
Cut co.
Wilden N.Y.
(1907-47?)
its butter amd molasses on the handle.
But on the other side the numbers are stacked like this
125 on the trag?
So is the model number 8125? Or?
As for the other pocket knife, it needs to be cleaned up before I can read what it says clearly. Are there any recommendations on what to use to remove a little rust and grime? I don't want to ruin anything.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.
:)

I think I know what you are asking. Some of the old Cut Co knives had those numbers. They are not the Schrade model numbers as found in their catalogs. General consensus seems to be that these knives were SFOs (Special Factory Orders) purchased by an undetermined retailer. The numbers are that specific retailers item number.

fyi a picture is worth a thousand words. Posting pics of your knife tends to elicit more responses.

Here's a couple pics to confirm we are talking about the same thing:

Ef0R6WK.jpg

pV3I6jN.jpg

Thank you so very much for your reply. Yes. I Was having issues uploading a pic last time, I will try to figure that out.

Thank you so very much for your reply. Yes. I Was having issues uploading a pic last time, I will try to figure that out.

You're welcome! I use imgur to host my pics. Like many things, it's easy once you know how but tricky the 1st time.

Cheers!

Back