Stag Buck Remington Bullet knife

wow nice find!!! That knife is badasss!!!!!

Last edited:
That #$@%!!! LIMITED EDITION etch raises it ugly head and ruins yet another otherwise nice knife.

I wonder how the pawn shop ended up with it. I've had mine on order with LO for awhile....

Last edited:
I dont know how it ended up there. They had a real nice 101 in stag also. Never saw that before either.

Employee bought factory Blem knife sold to pawn shop. A lunchbox liberation and sold to pawn shop? Who knows for sure, its a nice find. Can't wait to see one at my doorstep!

JB

Last edited:
Employee bought factory Blem knife sold to pawn shop. A lunchbox liberation and sold to pawn shop? Who knows for sure, its a nice find. Can't wait to see one at my doorstep!

JB

Yes, this knife definitely didn't follow the usual distribution routes.
:D

This etching issue is really a pain.
Remington etched their name on the blades of their knives for many, many years.......like this.

R-1253-Remington-1992-Banana-Bullet-Trapper.jpg

But it always looked good........they have kind of a gold tone to it.
A lot more pleasing to the eye than the etch we see on the knife in question......especially when it comes to the inky "Limited Edition" etch.

1518043923999620871675.jpg

Also, that Buck date mark and Remington blade number are also just etched in ink and will wear off so that info will be gone sometime in the future.

Try Goo-Gone? It works on everything else and it shouldn't affect the finish, I have never had a problem with it.

If you're not going to use it, why would you want to remove the markings? It's the only way to Identify it's status...

Reactions: TAH
Here's a post from Joe about that Bean knife:

I am not familiar with that particular project. My guess is that it is most likely our standard finish. The logo is either laser or possibly a process called pad print. (kinda like paint).
I hear what your saying Richard but I dont think this one is bead blasted although the pictures do look that way. A bead blast finish is not always the best platform for a lasered logo. You dont always get a crisp edge to the logo and the laser does not like the inconsistent finish of a bead blasted blade.
We can remove the logo by the way. We would charge our $6.95 "sharpening" fee. The end result would be that the knife looks just like it does now, minus the logo.

Joe Houser
Director of Consumer relations Buck Knives Inc.
Buck Collectors club Liaison, Member #123

Hey, that's great! Thanks Vorp! I forgot that Buck would remove the blade etching. I sent that knife back to Bean because the stacked leather handle had finish and separation issues. In the end, there was just too much going against it, so I returned it.

Those Bean knives still surface on eBay. Not too hard to find.

I understand this insidious etching plot now!!!

This is a fiendish scheme to make extra profits by selling knives with etching and charging the rubes to get you to remove the etching you put on in the first place!!!

What a scam!!!

:D :D :D

Back