Stag handled Seki S2

KenHash

Gold Member
For his 80th Birthday, Seki Knifemaker Ichiro Hattori produced a limited number of Sambar Stag handled TV3s (SOG S2), 10 pieces
aHlzCp.jpg
in all, and all sold out.
For those unaware, Master Hattori made all the S1/S2s for SOG from 1986 to 2006.
vnCriY.jpg
5t2MJk.jpg

Very nice ! I was just able to secure a nib leather handled one. Should be here today !

That is very kind of you! I saw this knife on the KnifeCommand website for a while at $565 but that is too much money for me. I saw a used one on Arizona Custom Knives a while back for $299 but it was already sold :-(.
https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/388808.html
I appreciate your offer very much but am looking for something used for $400 or less. If I never get one it's not that big of a deal. I have three SOG Trident S2's and thought it would cool to have one of these as well.

Hi Marko3,
Wondering if I could trouble you for a little info on your Hattori TV-2?
You are the only one I know that has one. Ken Hash had one but sold it a while ago when he moved to Japan.
I am a big fan of the Trident knife and have three Seki ones and one early model from Taiwan. I had four others that I sold because of the handle. Of the eight Tridents I have owned, no two knives had the same handle size or finger grooves which I find fascinating. I have attached photos of a couple of the knives. I have larger hands so I have only kept the ones with the bigger handles. Even though I never use any of these knives, I do like to hold them from time to time and like the feel of them when they fit my hand.
I love the look of the TV-2 with the satin blade and leather handle. Besides the price, my hesitation on purchasing one of these beautiful knives is my reservation about the handle size. Based only on the pictures I have seen of these, it looks to me like the handle is similar to the latest Trident Seki models where the handle does not flare out in the middle which makes the handle quite a bit smaller.
I was wondering if you have any Tridents to compare against and what your perception of the handle size is on your knife? I would also love to see a few pictures if you don't mind?
Hope I am not being a pest and appreciate any information you can provide.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1601.jpg
IMG_0799.JPG

If you're ever interested in parting with one of the Seki Japan Tridents, let me know.

thanks,
Dave
Hi Marko3,
Wondering if I could trouble you for a little info on your Hattori TV-2?
You are the only one I know that has one. Ken Hash had one but sold it a while ago when he moved to Japan.
I am a big fan of the Trident knife and have three Seki ones and one early model from Taiwan. I had four others that I sold because of the handle. Of the eight Tridents I have owned, no two knives had the same handle size or finger grooves which I find fascinating. I have attached photos of a couple of the knives. I have larger hands so I have only kept the ones with the bigger handles. Even though I never use any of these knives, I do like to hold them from time to time and like the feel of them when they fit my hand.
I love the look of the TV-2 with the satin blade and leather handle. Besides the price, my hesitation on purchasing one of these beautiful knives is my reservation about the handle size. Based only on the pictures I have seen of these, it looks to me like the handle is similar to the latest Trident Seki models where the handle does not flare out in the middle which makes the handle quite a bit smaller.
I was wondering if you have any Tridents to compare against and what your perception of the handle size is on your knife? I would also love to see a few pictures if you don't mind?
Hope I am not being a pest and appreciate any information you can provide.

View attachment 1338434 View attachment 1338435
View attachment 1338436

Right now on his site it shows some TV-2's, TV-3's available. Still for the same price as in the earlier posts.

If you do a search for "Hattori fine Japanese knife direct from Japan" it should take you to the link for Hattori knives. Scroll down just above the bottom of the page the TV knives are there.

Back