Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

ww3Gqfm.jpg
got in yesterday!

First Traditional Blade Forum's annual also one of the first CSC knives. IIRC we were there for the beginning and there for the end. There were only 30 something of those BF Ring Openers made, very special indeed.
No wonder I can't find one.

Dennis, I had a chance back in the late 70s when I just started collectin' Traditionals in earnest I had the opportunity to pick up a real Marbles Safety Knife/Bowie like that one for $50 and walked away. In 1976 that $50 was like $200 in 2018 times. I shoulda got it. The other one I always wanted was the Case Pocket Ax/Folder. There was this one that had a G. Washington and a Cherry Tree etched on either side of the blade. I wanted it so bad but who had $40 for an essentially useless knife/ax so I never got one.

About 2 years ago a friend of mine in a drunken Bender ordered the 200 knives for $230, why that's less than $1.20 per knife. If you only get $5/knife why that's almost $1000... Anyway after tryin' to convince me that he got a great deal and even if he got a month outta every knife before it went dull and threw it away he'd get years from them. Well in the group of knives he got was the Marbles (Name bought by Frost Cutlery) Mini Chopper which was identical to the Case model 'cept mine was made in China.
My buddy's heart was in the right place and I still have the Chopper, I use it to open mail, and sharpen pencils.

Dennis, I had a chance back in the late 70s when I just started collectin' Traditionals in earnest I had the opportunity to pick up a real Marbles Safety Knife/Bowie like that one for $50 and walked away. In 1976 that $50 was like $200 in 2018 times. I shoulda got it. The other one I always wanted was the Case Pocket Ax/Folder. There was this one that had a G. Washington and a Cherry Tree etched on either side of the blade. I wanted it so bad but who had $40 for an essentially useless knife/ax so I never got one.

About 2 years ago a friend of mine in a drunken Bender ordered the 200 knives for $230, why that's less than $1.20 per knife. If you only get $5/knife why that's almost $1000... Anyway after tryin' to convince me that he got a great deal and even if he got a month outta every knife before it went dull and threw it away he'd get years from them. Well in the group of knives he got was the Marbles (Name bought by Frost Cutlery) Mini Chopper which was identical to the Case model 'cept mine was made in China.
My buddy's heart was in the right place and I still have the Chopper, I use it to open mail, and sharpen pencils.
I hate the "shoulda when i had the chance "!
About 15 years ago I passed on an Ek bowie in perfect condition, for $75.
In Germany, as a young buck Sargent, I passed on a Triumph Bonneville for $1,000. I was busy trying to get my wife and son over, I passed on it. Stupid!

T. Erdelyi T. Erdelyi
Nice post, Ted. I found BF in 2004. I wish I'd got in on the ring opener but I missed ordering it.

I put these in my pocket today. Figured they could be posted here too.
dCDQc96.jpg
I don't remember seeing that Ohta Gary. It looks to rank up there with your Halfrich.

I don't remember seeing that Ohta Gary. It looks to rank up there with your Halfrich.
The drop point was the first Ohta I got. It started my search for more. I stopped at 4. For now..:D

Back