Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Unmarked (likely Eastern European) "Game Keeper" knife.
i7pGUlY.jpg

Last edited:
I'm ecstatic that @black mamba sold me these Rough Riders recently! :):thumbsup::cool:
View attachment 945563
View attachment 945564
(Hey, I didn't realize they had minds of their own and lined up differently for mark and pile side shots! :rolleyes:)

- GT
Wow Gary! :eek: You have hit the Stag Jack Pot my friend! They are all very nice examples! :thumbsup::cool:

I’ll let you hold onto my drivers license, or one of my stag #73s for collateral. I’ve been envious of that knife for years!
Thanks Johnny, but I trust you! ;) You do have an envious collection of Stag my friend! :thumbsup::cool::D

I got a couple of shipments of GEC Stag in recently as I had to quench a thrist on the 70's series ( 72, 73 & 74 ) of Stag by GEC, I want to Thank Barry ( Gunstock Jack ) for helping me out with obtaining these.
Barry always is amazingly helpful - Thank you Barry for all that you do!

Absolutely mind blowing is the Stag on each and every Knife, there are some slightly earlier GEC's in here, 2007, 2009 etc and two are re-handle fantastically by Muskrat Man -amazing Job!( 4th and 5th from the right of top photo) Muskrat did a stunning job, the Stag is so thinly cut - in places leaving only a minuscule of an edge next to the liner- something that you find the Early Cutlers ( Sheffield and Solingen Cutlers ) did an awful lot, and something you find only now and then these days ...

g4tFwol.jpg

DllrtrB.jpg

8m9jaMc.jpg

bvelBc9.jpg

Last edited:
I got a couple of shipments of GEC Stag in recently as I had to quench a thrist on the 70's series ( 72, 73 & 74 ) of Stag by GEC, I want to Thank Barry ( Gunstock Jack ) for helping me out with obtaining these.

Absolutely mind blowing is the Stag on each and every Knife, there are some slightly earlier GEC's in here, 2007, 2009 etc and two are rehandle fantastically by Muskrat Man -amazing Job!( 4th and 5th from the right ) Muskrat did a stunning job, the Stag is so thinly cut - in places leaving only a minuscule of an edge next to the liner- something that you find the Early Cutlers ( Sheffield and Solingen Cutlers ) did an awful lot, and something you find only now and then these days ...

g4tFwol.jpg

DllrtrB.jpg

8m9jaMc.jpg

bvelBc9.jpg
WOW Duncan, what a shipment buddy!!!

lol thanks guys
Thanks to Mr Hilborn I received a big box of Knives, There were gifts from Alan and Paul in there- that unfortunately I ran out of time to display and give thanks to these two great lads- but I will do that next weekend when the time needed to give proper thanks- along with photos that accompany the thanks...its a shame as I wanted to show some of the photos- but would like to do it properly.
But yeah guys...isnt that Stag gorgeous!...I just cannot get enough of it- spend HOURS staring into....Sue my Wife thinks I had a lobotomy when I was younger when I do that...she just doesnt get it....mmmm maybe that was the surgery I got as a child???.....

Awesome Gunstock Factor matey - wow!

Absolutely mind blowing is the Stag on each and every Knife, there are some slightly earlier GEC's in here, 2007, 2009 etc and two are re-handle fantastically by Muskrat Man -amazing Job!( 4th and 5th from the right of top photo) Muskrat did a stunning job, the Stag is so thinly cut - in places leaving only a minuscule of an edge next to the liner- something that you find the Early Cutlers ( Sheffield and Solingen Cutlers ) did an awful lot, and something you find only now and then these days ...

g4tFwol.jpg

DllrtrB.jpg

8m9jaMc.jpg

bvelBc9.jpg
Some real Eye Candy there my friend .

Harry

lol thanks guys
Thanks to Mr Hilborn I received a big box of Knives, There were gifts from Alan and Paul in there- that unfortunately I ran out of time to display and give thanks to these two great lads- but I will do that next weekend when the time needed to give proper thanks- along with photos that accompany the thanks...its a shame as I wanted to show some of the photos- but would like to do it properly.
But yeah guys...isnt that Stag gorgeous!...I just cannot get enough of it- spend HOURS staring into....Sue my Wife thinks I had a lobotomy when I was younger when I do that...she just doesnt get it....mmmm maybe that was the surgery I got as a child???.....

Awesome Gunstock Factor matey - wow!
Duncan, Great haul! You might try putting a nice framed picture of your wife near your knife display, so that she thinks you’re lustily staring at her. You can thank me later, Buddy! ;) :D

I like the way Case does their stag handles. It's elegant and subtle. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy knobby bare headed knives as much as the rest of you, but sometimes you just want a "classy" look.

I like the way Case does their stag handles. It's elegant and subtle. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy knobby bare headed knives as much as the rest of you, but sometimes you just want a "classy" look.
The sabre grind doesnt hurt either.

Back