Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

2lvhdf5.jpg

Easter Holidays and off work, I'm using the Fallkniven PHK at our coastal summerhouse.
Some sort of Moraknife would do the jobs perfectly, but the PHK is too nice not to use.

The Stag on this knife is great considdering the supply shortage of fine Sambar Stag, but hard to fully capture in pic's.
old pic
IMGP5452.JPG

new pic's
IMGP6534.JPG
IMGP6535.JPG IMGP6536.JPG
At 5" bladelenght and 0,2" thickness it is a heavy duty hunting knife, but it balances at the first finger and does allround work just great.
I use it for splitting firewood, kitchenwork, fishing(sometimes) and in the garden.
The stainless laminated powdersteel at hrc 62 makes it hold the edge for very long times, as long as I manage to avoid cutting into old nails or stones.
Yes it has happened and I have had to pay the price, but it is a tool to use so no regrets and I think more carefully before the cut is made.

Regards
Mikael

I've always admired the gnarly stag on the old Sheffield rope knives but not enough to pay the price so when this little jewel popped up at a reasonable price I jumped on it.
lWH7PCF.jpg

lhOhpsB.jpg
Rob that knife and the stag is incredible!

Easter Holidays and off work, I'm using the Fallkniven PHK at our coastal summerhouse.
Some sort of Moraknife would do the jobs perfectly, but the PHK is too nice not to use.

The Stag on this knife is great considdering the supply shortage of fine Sambar Stag, but hard to fully capture in pic's.
old pic
View attachment 1114201

new pic's
View attachment 1114202
View attachment 1114203 View attachment 1114204
At 5" bladelenght and 0,2" thickness it is a heavy duty hunting knife, but it balances at the first finger and does allround work just great.
I use it for splitting firewood, kitchenwork, fishing(sometimes) and in the garden.
The stainless laminated powdersteel at hrc 62 makes it hold the edge for very long times, as long as I manage to avoid cutting into old nails or stones.
Yes it has happened and I have had to pay the price, but it is a tool to use so no regrets and I think more carefully before the cut is made.

Regards
Mikael
Fantastic fixed blade. What a raving beauty.

IMG_0388.jpeg

I like the Zscherny barlow :thumbsup: the fancy Bump is a beauty too
Love seeing the great knives and stag on this thread!!! Especially the really old stuff on that Sheffield from rockman0 rockman0 just above.

Technically not stag since these scales came from an elk, but still antler. Hope I don’t cause offense. Bruce Bump Blue Mountain Swayback Lockback

View attachment 1114193 View attachment 1114194 View attachment 1114195

Attempting to make amends for the elk, here’s a knife with actual deer antler scales. Mike Zscherny Stag Barlow
View attachment 1114198 View attachment 1114197 View attachment 1114196

Thanks Dwight, your AC is looking good today :thumbsup:
Rob that knife and the stag is incredible!

View attachment 1114208

Mikael W Mikael W The stag on that Fallkniven is mesmerizing. Like its roundness I keep coming back to look at it.

Thank You Friends for the nice words!
I have been collecting Sambar Stag knives for ten years now, but nowadays I stay out of the frenzy when new batches are released.
I like to have lots of time before I make a choice and that's no longer possible with the awakening of people in search for Stag.
Instead I enjoy and use the stash I already have, but it is also a pleasure to see what everyone else have managed to lay their hands on.

Keep them coming!
Mikael

Back