Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

The only thing i know about the knife is what the seller told me, which was that his grandfather bought it in the 1930's, and that it had been in his family ever since.
This might be true, in part because the ricasso still reads "Rostfrei" instead of the more common "Stainless" which was generally used on post-WWII Solingen knives made for export.
Solingen manufacturer Kienel & Piel also remains a mystery, as so far i haven't been able to find any solid info on them.

The knife itself however is well made, and it's the first Solingen scout model that i've seen with a full crown sambar stag handle.
It's also in very good condition for it's age.

Some more pics:

Specs:

Overall length: 27,2 cm
Blade length: 15,6 cm
Blade thickness: 5,5 mm
Steel: hot drop-forged stainless
Guard: nickel silver
Handle material: Crown sambar stag
Sheath: Leather

Have a great weekend!

iKLTt0Vh.jpg

C2FliLfh.jpg

Have a great weekend!

iKLTt0Vh.jpg

C2FliLfh.jpg
I'm something of a canoesseur, so I think that 5-blade stag Henckels canoe is sensational! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm also quite inexperienced when it comes to pocketknives, so I've never seen one like that before. If you have time to write a little more about the knife (e.g. closed length, age, how long you've had it, type of steel, etc.), I'd certainly appreciate it, N Navallas . Thanks!

- GT

I see what you did there :p
:D Yeah, subtlety is not one of my strengths.

Back to the new Boker.

0az7Nr7.jpg

I like the colors on your stag, Jeff, and how they match that tree bark. (Is that petrified wood?)

(I'm always surprised when I see that snake show up in your sig! ;):thumbsup::cool: I've always been rather basketball-obsessed, so I'd expect to see Kobe Bryant. But he probably got his nickname from you, rather than the other way around! :D)

- GT

Back