Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

IMG-20200118-152425.jpg

Not much character, but that caramel color and functional hand feel more than make up for it. Personally it’s my favorite stag handle to date.
DDDUz2s.jpg

F7fTHeB.jpg
Have to agree. Looks like its been in someone’s pocket for 50 years. That’s the color you get with age & wear. Luv it.

I'm something of a canoesseur, so I think that 5-blade stag Henckels canoe is sensational! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm also quite inexperienced when it comes to pocketknives, so I've never seen one like that before. If you have time to write a little more about the knife (e.g. closed length, age, how long you've had it, type of steel, etc.), I'd certainly appreciate it, N Navallas . Thanks!

- GT
Thank you for your comment, 5K Qs! I bought this knife and a few other Henckels from an *bay seller in 2007. They are pretty hard to find right now. This one has not seen any use as I have so many knives. It's a little over 3.5" in length, with a 2.6" main blade, brass liners and stainless steel blades. The main blade's tang is stamped "hand forged stainless". The stag is very nice, although it could be a bit thicker.

Cheers!

Thank you for your comment, 5K Qs! I bought this knife and a few other Henckels from an *bay seller in 2007. They are pretty hard to find right now. This one has not seen any use as I have so many knives. It's a little over 3.5" in length, with a 2.6" main blade, brass liners and stainless steel blades. The main blade's tang is stamped "hand forged stainless". The stag is very nice, although it could be a bit thicker.

Cheers!
Thanks for the additional info! :thumbsup::)
Looks like a superb canoe! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

I was scheduled to go to a local knife show with some fellow St. Louis area porch friends today (Railsplitter and Whetstone39), but at the last minute was informed of the death of a longtime friend who's memorial service is this morning. I'm gonna carry the sowbelly that I picked up at this same knife show a couple years back with Rick and Tom.

I4DBEij.jpg

JFDWRI8.jpg

Last edited:
Back