Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

I had to use Imgur too :cool:
xPXUm7i.jpg

Who made the bottom one Paul? I wonder who made the decision to cover up the stag with such a large shield. Kind of makes it interesting though.

Diefenthal (Solingen, Germany) - yes, guess it is biggish shield for the handle........the other side’s nice ;)

Very nicely made though, and actually hollow grind blades :cool:

I really like all the cool themed threads. Sunday Picture Show, Wooden Wednesday, and the recent Old Friend Friday.

I thought I would try out Stag Saturday, since I love Saturdays and Stag.

Here are some of mine to start off the thread. The top one is a Sears Craftsman made by Schrade. I believe it is rescaled, but no matter, it is a gorgeous piece of fat stag on a great knife.

The middle one is my all time favorite Queen Made Winchester. I thought this knife had the best stag I had ever seen until acquiring the bottom one.

The bottom on is a GEC 77 with the best stag I have ever seen on a knife I have owned, and perhaps on any knife ever. It is some really fat stag, and my current EDC.

IMG_0184_zps1362ce9b.jpg

Let's see what else is out there. I drool over great stag on knives. Show 'em if you got 'em!
I really like all the cool themed threads. Sunday Picture Show, Wooden Wednesday, and the recent Old Friend Friday.

I thought I would try out Stag Saturday, since I love Saturdays and Stag.

Here are some of mine to start off the thread. The top one is a Sears Craftsman made by Schrade. I believe it is rescaled, but no matter, it is a gorgeous piece of fat stag on a great knife.

The middle one is my all time favorite Queen Made Winchester. I thought this knife had the best stag I had ever seen until acquiring the bottom one.

The bottom on is a GEC 77 with the best stag I have ever seen on a knife I have owned, and perhaps on any knife ever. It is some really fat stag, and my current EDC.

IMG_0184_zps1362ce9b.jpg

Let's see what else is out there. I drool over great stag on knives. Show 'em if you got 'em!

I dig Eye Brand stag knives and I have a few. First time I ever heard or saw of Eye Brand was decades ago in a flat bottom aluminum skiff running the Brazos River catching catfish (and a few others). Yellow handle, lockback - that's the ONLY knife my best friend of 40 years R. B. Foster and his father would carry for this job and soon I had one too. For years and years, we cleaned and skinned boatloads of catfish - from 2 lbs. to 80 lbs. with those knives behind their garage on the bank overlooking the river. Those 2 outdoorsmen and fishermen are both long gone...and they went thru a LOT of those yellow knives! Cheers to Eye Brand and the Fosters! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back