Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

redsparrow

Gold Member
After owning this stag 14 for about three years it's becoming a little uncomfortable to be without it.
With difficulty, I select another knife and in just a few days, I find myself going back to carrying my 14 again.
Anyone else feel like that about a certain knife?
Se3oBwY.jpg

Fortunately it's only 3 inches and therefore quite easy to fit into my EDC.

joeradza

Gold Member

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
After owning this stag 14 for about three years it's becoming a little uncomfortable to be without it.
With difficulty, I select another knife and in just a few days, I find myself going back to carrying my 14 again.
Se3oBwY.jpg

This knife keeps appearing in my pocket!! I always wished I could have done this pattern as an SFO!!
Northwoods called it the "Willamette Whittler", after the local River when they were in Oregon!!! I often remember Derrick (R.I.P.) when I have it in hand!! Northwoods Wharn 1.jpg

redsparrow

Gold Member
This knife keeps appearing in my pocket!! I always wished I could have done this pattern as an SFO!!
Northwoods called it the "Willamette Whittler", after the local River when they were in Oregon!!! I often remember Derrick (R.I.P.) when I have it in hand!! View attachment 1585703
That a real beauty Charlie, I can see why it keeps appearing in your pocket and I feel much better knowing I'm not alone in this situation. :)
I remember the "Willamette Whittler" quite well. I really like Derrick's designs but that one came out at a time I wasn't flush with hobby money and begrudgingly had to pass. IIRC, Derrick even had a naming contest for it, which I entered with full gusto. I gave that beauty every name I could think of but to no avail. Good to see yours though, thanks for sharing it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
edit; spelling correction

Last edited:

Old Engineer

Gold Member
Se3oBwY.jpg

Actually I have 2 of them my friend .

Harry

5K Qs

Gold Member
Actually…. I don’t see one knife posted today that I wouldn’t proudly own here today!
Well done ALL :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice looking stag Gary, great pictures as well! 😎👍
Thanks, Todd. :) Your sunrise (or sunset) pics of your little stag GEC 06 are outstanding!
I gotta agree with Gus that there's loads of quality here today. One more example: Augie Augie 's stag 82 has me whistling Dixie!

- GT

bigfish64

Gold Member
Thanks, Todd. :) Your sunrise (or sunset) pics of your little stag GEC 06 are outstanding!
I gotta agree with Gus that there's loads of quality here today. One more example: Augie Augie 's stag 82 has me whistling Dixie!

- GT
Thanks Gary, those were taken at sunrise last winter when we could see the lake from our deck. 😉👍

Boattale

Gold Member
An unusual Hunter's Pal. I've never seen this tang profile. And the SN does not exist so far as I can find. It came from a Bass Pro employee inventory reduction sale in the early 2000's. My best guess is it's a sample from Puma wanting to get a spot on the Bass Pro shelves. The sheath is the standard Puma Hunter's Pal version. Kind of a cool little knife.

Puma.jpg

afishhunter

Gold Member
Meh ... so I'm about 1/4 day early ...

Two I've never pared together before. (I didn't have access to the Buck)
GEC Northfield UN-X-LD 852211 Harness Jack, Number 24 of 35, in burnt Stag.

2018 BF Buck 301 Stockman. My first (and likely last) Forum knife. At the time, it was the most expensive knife I ever bought, during my then 63 years on this rock.
IMG_20210625_181219.jpg