Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

gTcHOD6.jpg

Lots of breathtaking, premium stag today, folks; thanks for sharing/showing it! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for putting up with my scratchy, old scanner!!
Thanks for putting up with my scratchy old knives! 🤓
If you look closely, you'll see there's a little stag spacer on the handle of this lady leg knife; it's the only stag I've carried this week.
leg.mark.Vstand.palette.jpg

- GT

That's a grail knife!

I'm going with elk today.
9TiXxJX.jpg
Thank you, I value your opinion as a connoisseur. Hiroaki Ohta makes an excellent knife and my dealings with him were truly humbling, he offered me a choice of Stag slabs to choose from, stated when the knife would be ready and accepted payment only when the knife was finished, additionally, I was able to view WIP photos . He posted the knife to me on 26th December via Japan Post and it arrived very rapidly before 1st Jan.(good old days...) The knife has character and this is not some euphemism for build faults, flaws or shody work, I cannot fault it. I wish others were as reliable and remarkable as he but it is often sadly not the case.

The Forum Knife 2018 is one of my favourites and most carried, it may not have the standard of finish of some GECs but I like the arrangement and superior steels. The other Forum Knives I carry and use are the 2014 in Stag from GEC and 2020 from Viper Italia. The only thing in common, apart from aesthetic beauty an important aspect, is the handles are made with head appendages of animals ....

Here's the pile side of the Ohta, very bark like Stag yet not bulbous and bloated like some Stag can present.

TpVPTVQ.jpg

Here's an enviable and impressive knife! It appears it still takes a nice edge too, have you shown it in the Sheffield a Golden Age thread? If not, please do and if you have , perhaps show some other shots of it as it is not only sporting fine Stag but in very attractive condition. Not a rust husk or worn out embarrassment. What is the other blade? Another Sheepfoot or? Certainly a knife when new, any boy or man would've dreamed of getting as a present and now an object of desire for any collector with taste :thumbsup:

Regards, Will

Thank you, I value your opinion as a connoisseur. Hiroaki Ohta makes an excellent knife and my dealings with him were truly humbling, he offered me a choice of Stag slabs to choose from, stated when the knife would be ready and accepted payment only when the knife was finished, additionally, I was able to view WIP photos . He posted the knife to me on 26th December via Japan Post and it arrived very rapidly before 1st Jan.(good old days...) The knife has character and this is not some euphemism for build faults, flaws or shody work, I cannot fault it. I wish others were as reliable and remarkable as he but it is often sadly not the case.

The Forum Knife 2018 is one of my favourites and most carried, it may not have the standard of finish of some GECs but I like the arrangement and superior steels. The other Forum Knives I carry and use are the 2014 in Stag from GEC and 2020 from Viper Italia. The only thing in common, apart from aesthetic beauty an important aspect, is the handles are made with head appendages of animals ....

Here's the pile side of the Ohta, very bark like Stag yet not bulbous and bloated like some Stag can present.

TpVPTVQ.jpg
Thanks for showing the Pile Side Will . I have yet to observe an OHTA in Stag without having to go back and look at it again and your OHTA is certainly not an exception to that . He does such a nice job of hafting the Stag of course but IMHO his knives just look aesthetically correct . The lengths and widths & etc . are just right IMHO .

Harry

I appreciate the compliment, Will. It does take a good edge and the pull on both blades is just right for my preference. I carried an old Ulster 3.5" half congress on a daily basis for several months, love it, but I wanted a large congress to replace it because it's a little small for some of my food prep at work. This one is 3 7/8" and carries surprisingly easy in my work slacks. It's working out great, it won't be leaving my pocket anytime soon. I need to post it in the Sheffield thread too and I'll do so soon.

Here's a shot with both blades exposed before I straightened the edge a little on the sheepsfoot and another showing the thin covers.
tU76D3p.jpeg
Et9bray.jpeg

Here's an enviable and impressive knife! It appears it still takes a nice edge too, have you shown it in the Sheffield a Golden Age thread? If not, please do and if you have , perhaps show some other shots of it as it is not only sporting fine Stag but in very attractive condition. Not a rust husk or worn out embarrassment. What is the other blade? Another Sheepfoot or? Certainly a knife when new, any boy or man would've dreamed of getting as a present and now an object of desire for any collector with taste :thumbsup:

Regards, Will

rockman0 rockman0 Many thanks for the additional pix, truly a sensation and yet, very practical. Congress knives have never attracted me, too bulky and blade repetition but the Half Congress (some people pedantically sneer at the term, yawn!) are a different matter and desirable.

Congratulations on having a supreme EDC with King of the Forest Stag :cool:

rockman0 rockman0 Many thanks for the additional pix, truly a sensation and yet, very practical. Congress knives have never attracted me, too bulky and blade repetition but the Half Congress (some people pedantically sneer at the term, yawn!) are a different matter and desirable.

Congratulations on having a supreme EDC with King of the Forest Stag :cool:

My pleasure, Will, I agree on the half congress vs congress. 2 blade single spring knives in general are my favorite carry knives.
Thank you

Back