Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

View attachment 1685423View attachment 1685419View attachment 1685424View attachment 1685420View attachment 1685418View attachment 1685422View attachment 1685421View attachment 1685422

These two Sambar Stag knives will not leave my pocket! I reach for one or the other just about every day.

The Case is an SFO from a few years ago. It has nice thin Stag that is well hafted the way Case did it in the XX era.

The 47 Viper is fairly thin as well, something you do not always find in GEC knives. No fat Stag for me thank you. Plus, it is one of the last GEC runs with a shield. I much prefer knives with shields.

Have a great Stag Saturday everyone!

Last edited:
RFYWI15.jpg

Rough Rider canoe with strange but satisfying stag:
View attachment 1675522

Cracker Jack, my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO in 2018. I'll show both sides of the knife in a leaf cart, but they're old pics (that's my usual style :rolleyes: 🤓). Surprisingly little leaf raking so far this fall; I hope a lot more leaves come down before the first substantial snowfall.
View attachment 1675545
View attachment 1675546

- GT
Those first-gen RR genuine stag knives are getting really hard to find now. May I ask what the RR number is on the canoe? Is it 442 by any chance?

Those first-gen RR genuine stag knives are getting really hard to find now. May I ask what the RR number is on the canoe? Is it 442 by any chance?
I was surprised that I couldn't find a pattern number on that RR stag canoe when I looked for it just now. But I was able to find the order that included the canoe in my account at the dealer where I bought it, and you're right - it's RR 442.

As long as I'm here, the stag I've been carrying this week consists of a couple of old Rough Riders with stag covers: a stag sowbelly stockman and a stag medium trapper.

stag.sow.mark.3open.jpg

stagMT.pile.2open.jpg

- GT

I was surprised that I couldn't find a pattern number on that RR stag canoe when I looked for it just now. But I was able to find the order that included the canoe in my account at the dealer where I bought it, and you're right - it's RR 442.

As long as I'm here, the stag I've been carrying this week consists of a couple of old Rough Riders with stag covers: a stag sowbelly stockman and a stag medium trapper.

View attachment 1685662

View attachment 1685664

- GT
It is remarkable how good the stag on these is when you consider that they cost ~$20. I am hoping the stag on my (hopeful) White Owl is as good at my RR stag whittlers:)

It is remarkable how good the stag on these is when you consider that they cost ~$20. I am hoping the stag on my (hopeful) White Owl is as good at my RR stag whittlers:)
I agree. I felt very fortunate that I was able to buy several fine stag RRs from a BF member a while back; I think they were originally available before I became interested in pocket knives.
(Not long before Colt's pocket knife business went belly up, they sold several stag patterns for $20 each. I picked up a canoe, muskrat, and copperhead at the time, but wish I'd have grabbed at least one of each pattern that was available.)

- GT

Back