• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

WITHDRAWN - Stainless Wharncliffe and Pseudo Wharncliffe

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here are two stainless knives made for extremely high performance cutting with low weight to size ratios.

Large Wharncliffe

This one has a large and comfortable handle that won't weight you down, and it packs a lot of size and cutting power into a light and fast package. High hardness AEB-L to sweeten the deal.

Specs
Steel: 1/8" AEB-L
Hardness: RC 63

Geometry: Full flat, .012" behind the edge, 15° per side primary edge, 20° micro

Overall Length: 8 1/2"
Cutting Edge Length: 3 11/16"

Weight: 3.2 oz

Handle: Hidden tang, katalox scales, on black canvas Micarta tang housing. No mechanical fastening, but strong enough to carve maple. Batoning not recommended.

Withdrawn

Payment via PayPal G&S to the email address I will provide in private messaging (not the one in my sig). Includes tracked and insured expedited North America shipping. I will ship internationally at buyer's expense. First "I'll take it" gets priority.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_9263.JPG
IMG_9264.JPG
IMG_9267.JPG
IMG_9268.JPG
IMG_9269.JPG

Medium Pseudo Wharncliffe

This one in packs a high chromium stainless value steel recognized to be a great performer in its price range. Ground near zero, this tall blade will cut like nobody's business, and be a breeze to touch up.

Specs
Steel: 1/8" 9Cr14MoV

Geometry: Full flat, .005" behind the edge, 15° per side primary edge, 20° microbevel.

Overall Length: 7"
Cutting Edge Length: 3 1/8"

Weight: 2.9 oz

Handle: Full tang, layered canvas micarta scales, natural canvas micarta pins

Withdrawn

Thanks for looking!

IMG_9257.JPG
IMG_9258.JPG

(that darker coloration towards the front of the handle is just a reflection, not a blemish)
IMG_9260.JPG
IMG_9262.JPG
IMG_9261.JPG

Last edited:
Back