Stan Wilson Advisor III - a making of thread

Awesome thread. I enjoyed it all the way through, and seeing the finished knife is a treat. :thumbup: Best Regards, Rich

Hello Stan,

Thanks for sending me the link to this thread. I've smoked a whole VSG while viewing the six pages of this thread. I've got another one for you when we next get together. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us who only dream of doing what you do. Looking forward to catching up with you at Blade Show.

BTW...guys, Stan LOVES good cigars and would probably appreciate it if you sent him a couple in thanks for his Herculean efforts with this WIP.

Very respectfully,
Dale Thomas
St. Petersburg, FL

Man I just spent an hour reading this thread and I must say, HOUR WELL SPENT, thanks for showing this and very nice work.

Yesterday my new knife arrived in Germany.

My expectations were already very high but the knife easily exceeded my wildest dreams!

Unfortunately pictures are too limited to show the beauty, the finish, the perfect mechanic and Stan's outstanding workmanship and craftsmanship!

Never before I had such a perfect knife in my hands, the colors of the damascus are bautiful and they are shifting from grey to brown and blue depending of the reflection angle of the light - stunning!

Here are some more pictures I took today:

advisor01.jpg

advisor02.jpg

advisor03.jpg

advisor04.jpg

advisor05.jpg

advisor06.jpg

advisor07.jpg

advisor08.jpg

advisor09.jpg

advisor10.jpg

I already have my next knife from Stan on order.
I know it will take again a long time until Stan will be able to start making it, but the result is worth any time to wait.

Jochen

This thread was very bad for my pocketbook. That is hands down the most beautiful folder I have ever, ever seen.

Congratulation Stan for this outstanding build nad congrats also to you Jochen to have such a wonderfull folder.

I am in awe at the incredible design, materials, engineering, artistry, professionalism, foresight, kindness and humility which I have just seen.

It has been an absolute privilege and pleasure to read this thread, and to witness the birth of a Masterpiece.

Thank you Sir!

First I would like to thank Jochen for suggesting this and for all his efforts in posting this thread. Thanks also to everyone who has followed this and to those who commented. If anyone would like any clarifications on any of the steps please let me know. Thanks again to all.

Being exposed to this thread has been a pleasure! Thank you Stan for the detail and info! Amazing work.

Awesome WIP thread. I have two Advisors and love 'em. I am carrying a "tactical" one today. Someday I need to get on the list for my own build.

GOOD to see this thread resurrected! I happened by Stan's table for the first time a few years ago at Blade. He was a pleasure to chat with and his knives were just AMAZING!

As impressive as they look, the precision is even MORE impressive. SMOOTH is an understatement!

Peter

Wow... I can't believe I missed this thread when it was fresh. Thanks Stan for a wonderfully detailed WIP thread. :thumbup: Your skill and attention to detail is amazing.
Also a big thumbs-up to Keith for resurrecting this. I would probably have missed it otherwise.
Erin

If we had a star rating on threads, this one deserved FIVE. :) * * * *

(Edit: I just found how to rate the thread. Click on 'Rate his Thread' on the thread menu bar. Done. Join me.)

Coop

Last edited:
Just saw this thread and couldn't walk away until I'd read the whole thing. Very inspiring to see someone share their incredible talent and knowledge so readily with others. My hat's off!
Phil

Wow, just incredible. Brilliant craftsmanship, amazing final product, and wonderful that Stan was willing to share so much. That is a true masterpiece, down to every little detail.

Back