Photos Stanley Axes, Hatchets, Tools - Show & Tell

It was cool to find this little guy mixed in with yesterdays rescues...

20190526-233737.jpg

20190526-233732.jpg

Now this is really strange..........

thkfU7n.jpg

HS7hoOa.jpg

rgNxpQX.jpg

Tried Googling the code etc with no results.....

Now that is interesting! And the handle shape... hmm... I’m going to have to see if I can find anything on that little beauty!

It was cool to find this little guy mixed in with yesterdays rescues...

20190526-233737.jpg

20190526-233732.jpg

Very nice “double stamp” chisel!! Do see a lot of those!

Both great useful tools. Really essential tools.

I agree.
I have been fortunate to come across a nice 10" sweep Stanley Sweetheart drill and many bits have come my way.
I am more and more grabbing the SW to drill out handles and or anything. I used a smaller 8"/9" sweep no name I have when installing the new dishwasher a few months back, requiring a new waterline run a completely different route than the preexisting washer set up.

Spokeshaves...they are on my radar now for the next handle I work. Wether it be thinning and shaping an off the shelf or working an old mattock handle again, the next rehang will undoubtedly need some work.

I agree.
I have been fortunate to come across a nice 10" sweep Stanley Sweetheart drill and many bits have come my way.
I am more and more grabbing the SW to drill out handles and or anything. I used a smaller 8"/9" sweep no name I have when installing the new dishwasher a few months back, requiring a new waterline run a completely different route than the preexisting washer set up.

Spokeshaves...they are on my radar now for the next handle I work. Wether it be thinning and shaping an off the shelf or working an old mattock handle again, the next rehang will undoubtedly need some work.

So.... What' the difference between a spoke shave and a draw knife? I picked this up at one of my favorite stores last week. ( Dad's workshop, their prices are amazing) I just got tired of using my pocket knife for shaping handles.

So.... What' the difference between a spoke shave and a draw knife? I picked this up at one of my favorite stores last week. ( Dad's workshop, their prices are amazing) I just got tired of using my pocket knife for shaping handles.

You have a draw knife there.
Here the big one is a draw knife and little one is a spoke shave. 15656566029265020049428346900767.jpg

Back