Star-Benza 25

Wavicle

Gold Member
Here are few photos of the new Star-Benza 25 and some comparison shots with a Star-Benza 21 and the Les George Eagle and Talon.

The Star-Benza 25 was manufactured on January 26, 2015.

16649691696_c165e8d792_b.jpg

16674266981_1631115909_b.jpg

16488231690_92df4216bc_b.jpg

16649689006_4e05fd8ea2_b.jpg

16488227560_cb3f02c253_b.jpg

16674625302_ce7ef50135_b.jpg

16468355757_7a264323cb_b.jpg

16489492389_45b2a66555_b.jpg

Nice collection of Wilson signature knives.
Hoping Wilson will do the Star-Benza 25 for us lefties. I'm guessing they will.

How do you like the 25? I've been eyeballing that one a lot lately.

Does your Eagle have lock stick? My two did, it finally worked itself out and they open like a fine piece of machinery now. Actually they went from the worst to the best in my entire collection, including my CRKs.

But the CRKs did not have any issues from the get-go. The Eagles were very frustrating but that is over and they make the BEST IWB knives one can experience. You don't even notice them due to their thinness, but voila, and a full sized knife is ready in a flash!

I like the 25, but I already had a standard CRK 25 and this is the same. I'd really like the 25 blade in a 21 frame/handle because it's a little wider and feels better in a grip. The starburst on both sides is so cool that the standard 25 pales in comparison.

My Eagle had lock stick and I had to try the Sharpie thing to overcome it. The stick seems to be gone but I can squeeze the lock bar and that wedges it to the point of inducing some stickiness.

VERY NICE!!! I see we both share some of the same tastes in both our pistols and knives!! I admit though….I swapped out the starburst grips on my pistol for the ones displayed in my picture above. They hold the same secure grip, I just liked the other look on my pistol. I got rid of the 21 and now only have the 25 Starbenza. I will probably pick up another 25 at some point, but picked up a Moon instead….so I need to wait a bit. Again….nice set up!!

Harry

Thanks, DH. The CQB is a 2002 build that came with a pristine set of the nice old wood grips. I put the starburst grips on to save the old ones. I bought the gun from the original owner, who purchased it to be a safe queen. It had less than 200 rounds through it when I bought it three years ago.

I have "a few" Spydercos, Benchmades & ZTs, but since I got the 25 it hasn't left my pocket. I'm actually thinking about a small 21 or Inkosi in the very near future.

Wilsons for a safe queen? There should be a penalty for such a crime!! If it was a gold framed pistol with 3K diamond studs all over it….perhaps. But it's not. That armor tuff finish will withstand most anything.

Yeah, I also have a few Spydercos and Benchmades…not ZTs though. I LOVE my 25….it's just a tiny bit on the small side for me. I usually carry a Spiderco Millie with it as well. I try to always have a 4" blade on me. My 25 is usually my backup blade to my Millie…or to my Walter Brend Marauder, and I have to admit my Marauder is by far one of my favorite knives that I own. All aside, I ALWAYS carry my custom modified Brous karambit. I have had a lot of training with the karambit and have come to learn never to go anywhere without one. Took a lot of work to get that karambit just the way I want it, but it works just how it should.

I can't handle the smaller 21s…they are FAR too small for me. IMHO…they belong on key chains. My hands are simply to big for them. :(

Harry

Back