Starboy

MaxFactor

Gold Member
Been really looking forward to this collaboration between Reate and Tashi Bharucha.

GP Knives had a couple in stock. Now there's only one left after I let my impulsivity get the best of me. Can't wait to get mine! I'll post some pics and thoughts when it arrives next week.

Initial impressions. Just a superb short-ish flipper. Reminds me a lot of the Shirogorov Neon. Great snappy action with a well tuned detent, not too hard or soft. Fit and finish is perfect. The two hand scales join together seamlessly in a faux integral style. Eyes closed and running my finger over the back of the knife handle I cannot discern where the two sides meet. The anodizing on this one is also really amazing. It reminds me of another Shirogorov, the F95R, with it's almost two-tone "jeans" stonewashed blue.

qvvnbin.jpg

ndpXnxd.jpg

in4JCtO.jpg

EWggaoa.jpg

p1pgCJn.jpg

sRKOg7b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very nice.
While I've not held the Star Boy yet but I know the specs have it with a single row bearing system. The new Mini Horizons have multi-row bearings and they are very smooth. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Here's the variations being made - since we are a dealer I cannot post any prices. I don't want to get us banned...

Bead blasted grey handle - RWL34 blade steel - hand rubbed satin blade
Bead blasted grey handle - RWL34 blade steel - satin blade
Bead blasted grey handle - RWL34 blade steel - stone washed blade

Blue anodized handle - RWL34 blade steel - hand rubbed satin blade
Blue anodized handle - RWL34 blade steel - satin blade
Blue anodized handle - RWL34 blade steel - stone washed blade

Black PVD handle - RWL34 blade steel - Black PVD blade

Bead blasted grey handle - Damasteel blade

Blue Anodized handle - Damasteel blade

Last edited:
Handled 3 of them at the USN show in Vegas over Labor Day weekend. I agree with the assessment from MaxFactor MaxFactor . Great design, simple, clean and a size that is sure to make most happy.

Cool. I believe they were supposed to drop in October. All the options are listed on some sites, however none have them in stock yet.

Cool. I believe they were supposed to drop in October. All the options are listed on some sites, however none have them in stock yet.

Everything always takes longer than anticipated. I'd imagine we will see them in the next 4 weeks. But you never know.

The Star Boys are about to ship along with the Mini Horizons.

All the Star Boy versions are serial numbered and come with this certificate.

All the Star Boy versions are serial numbered and come with this certificate.

My Starboy (from GP Knives) was not numbered and did not include any sort of certificate. I'd assume it was sold to them at Blade Show, so I suppose it could be considered a pre-production model.

My Starboy (from GP Knives) was not numbered and did not include any sort of certificate. I'd assume it was sold to them at Blade Show, so I suppose it could be considered a pre-production model.

Yes those were all samples for the USN show.

How does the knife carry in the pocket?

Can anybody post a dis-assembly shot? I always like to take account of the innards.

Also, some size comparisons with flagships (e.g. Small/Large 21, 940, Delica, etc.) would be nice! :D

Back