Start the New Year right with M-43 and villager Dui Adha Chirra

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
18 inch 36 ounce M-43 by Kumar. The read satisal wood handle is is stunning beauty! Gorgeous rig at $225. *SOLD*

WYXI1HI.jpg

bCG8oBb.jpg

EPeeUcH.jpg

18 inch 23 ounce villager fit and finish Dui and Adha Chirra by Ram Kumar and his friend Barna. Black and gray horn handle. Another lightning fast Knife for new year collection at $185. *SOLD*

Xxt7wLV.jpg

dayPXBC.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get one or both
Happy New Year!

Last edited:
All I can say is if I hadn't just bought that one last nite id jump all over this one. This one is super sexy! Id put it in some fine black leather downtown pants and i swear that would be in my top handful of favorites. Prolly top Three...hmmm? It does look like a "David" knife dont it:D

Where is David? EMS for David! I’m just preparing for his EMS!

I'd be tempted if I didn't already have one from last week. As I mentioned in an earlier posting, this knife has a great resemblance to the Filipino Kambantuli. They look alike and are very close in length and weight. Both pictured below.

MiniChirraKnife18in-RamKumar20oz-02.jpg Kambantuli19in-TFW19oz-02.jpg

Cul is getting prepared for the 40" Ceremonial drawing! Dont know what his secret is but he has them numbers nailed!
David that grey handle is sweet:thumbsup::cool:

I can’t stand it any longer. EMS for the 18 inch 23 ounce villager fit and finish Dui and Adha Chirra with black and gray horn handle.

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this blade since Auntie posted it yesterday! I hope it’s still available.....

I noticed mine dont have a cho but the way he integrated the half chirra into the ricasso you can see why it flows so well and didnt use it. Theres no Karda or Chakma and it took a few days for me to even notice that? Mine is 20.4 ounces, thin and sleek and the beefy sheath makes up for the lack of Karda and Chakma! I guess it depends on what you plan to do with this blade but id say its slightly on the fighter side of things than heavy chopper side but no doubt its capable of both. Ill be careful chopping at first till I get used to the edge but Ram Kumar is definitely a talented Kami. I also noticed mine is traditional handle and yours is chiruwa. Not that that matters. I think your gonna like it Sleeper! Grats man!

Dang, Ndog, until you pointed it out, I didn’t notice that yours and David’s were trad handled while mine was chiruwa. That would explain the additional three ounces this one has. I don’t have it yet, but I have a feeling mine will feel slightly less blade heavy (just slightly) due to the extra steel in the handle. If this does feel more like a fighter, that might be preferable. (Not that I’ll be doing much of that). I just know I couldn’t stop thinking about it after Auntie posted it!

Last edited:
You should have it soon. If i remember correctly you live just about 20 minutes away from me? We need to go chop something someday! I agree that the extra weight in the handle might make it feel less front heavy. We will see. The distal taper on these is superb both handle and blade. When the taper is done right you can hardly tell the difference between the traditional and chiruwa handles. Them Kamis still amaze me! Id love to sit down with them for a week and just watch:thumbsup:

I know we aren’t far apart. I’m just a little outside of Bryan. Btw, I agree, I’d love to be able to see the Kamis work in real life. What they do is amazing.

Just got the DD! Thank God I checked my email, or, I probably wouldn’t have been able to sleep at all tonight!
Congratulations on the Dui & Adha Chirra. I kept thinking about this one since she posted it too. Please let us know what you think when you get it.

Back