1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Stay Cool My Hog Friends

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Garth Reckner, Jul 19, 2019.

1. MacLaren1

MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Dude. I have no doubt.
    South Flordai is a freakin 500° Oven lol...

WatermanChris likes this.
  2. MacLaren1

MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Even here in Blue Ridge at 4k elevation its hot!
    It prolly got somewhere between 85° and 90° !!
    That's just stupid hot for us lol....

3. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Yep. My parents are in Brevard right now and they definitely didn't rent a house for 2 months for THAT! Lol

Hopefully when we head up it'll be back to normal. :cool::thumbsup:

MacLaren1 likes this.
  4. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Lol. Same here!! I felt so guilty yesterday as all my welders were in there weld coats and welding all day and I was in my office with ac. Lol.

5. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    The position was earned, right? Maybe it'll inspire the welders on the floor to put in that extra effort.

I know what you're saying though. I feel bad sending my guys up in the attics is the crazy South Florida summer heat but then I remember that I used to be the first one to volunteer for summer attic duty because I hated to have to listen to the other dudes bitch and complain. Lol

6. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yes it was earned. And honestly I miss it so much. I truly love the welding field and being a welder was way more gratifying than being the boss in a lot of ways and had waaay less stress. Stay cool everyone.

7. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    True for most of the South and Southwest.

tuica likes this.
  8. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    Yeah. My mom grew up in South Florida in the 50s and 60s and there was no central A/C. She said NOBODY wanted to live in Florida. It was a swamp!

9. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    We're experiencing the heat wave with high humidity as well... Although here in Erie, PA, is still cooler than most of the rest of the state.

Stay hydrated; Be cool and stay cool! :cool::thumbsup:

10. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Thanks Garth. Forecast a chilly 101 in Richmond, Virginia today. Bothered me less when I was younger. But been here awhile and used to it - somewhat. Think cool thoughts.

11. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    It got over 90 degF in Acadia NP, up in Maine yesterday. CRAZY hot!

12. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Pretty hot in ole Mo. My buddy owns a roofing co and said he has a lazer,temp reading type device that when he aimed it at the shingles they installed earlier that day it read 190 degrees. It's a hot one folks stay hydrated and stay off the Roof!! :D

13. Amy-0

Amy-0

Mar 8, 2006
    HAHAHAHAHA Coors Light is NOT Water You are so funny Garth BRAT

Currawong likes this.
  14. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    [​IMG]

lmcq784, Currawong and WatermanChris like this.
  15. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Easy to stay cool in Australia at the moment :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

duramax and gunspease like this.
  16. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    Wow! That sand is very white! :D:D:D

And that ASH1 is awesome!

Currawong likes this.
  17. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    These last few days have been unseasonably delightful here in East Podunk. It started when a couple days ago when I went to work and it was like a pleasant October morning - temperature in the upper 60s (pretty much unheard of for July), sunny and breezy - getting up to the upper 80s for the daytime high, but with relatively low humidity (another rarity) so it was actually pleasant to be outside. Pretty much the same yesterday and today.

Almost reminds me of the summer days I spent as a kid in Michigan and Ohio. Like we swapped for the week or something. I hope you're enjoying our July weather, because I'm really liking yours.

18. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Yeah same here- Kind of wish it would heat up a bit actually - Tuesday morning I think I had 58 ~ morning drive in to work today was 60. Pretty insane for almost Aug.

19. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    But I'm sure in no time at all we'll be back to 80 by 8 (a.m.), with highs in the mid-90 to low 100s, and more an enough humidity to keep the sweat from evaporating, even on the hottest days.