Stay Cool My Hog Friends

Yeah. Southeast Florida is crazy hot. We'll be walking to the beach Sunday morning for a dip but we try to be inside between 11 and 3 as that's the worst part of the day. We've been doing a lot of yard work and I look like I just got out of a pool when I get done
Dude. I have no doubt.
South Flordai is a freakin 500° Oven lol...

Even here in Blue Ridge at 4k elevation its hot!
It prolly got somewhere between 85° and 90° !!
That's just stupid hot for us lol....

Even here in Blue Ridge at 4k elevation its hot!
It prolly got somewhere between 85° and 90° !!
That's just stupid hot for us lol....
Yep. My parents are in Brevard right now and they definitely didn't rent a house for 2 months for THAT! Lol

Hopefully when we head up it'll be back to normal. :cool::thumbsup:

This heat definitely sucks, especially working in a weld/fabrication shop.

Fortunately I've moved up the food chain and now have my own little office with AC :)

Lol. Same here!! I felt so guilty yesterday as all my welders were in there weld coats and welding all day and I was in my office with ac. Lol.

Lol. Same here!! I felt so guilty yesterday as all my welders were in there weld coats and welding all day and I was in my office with ac. Lol.
The position was earned, right? Maybe it'll inspire the welders on the floor to put in that extra effort.

I know what you're saying though. I feel bad sending my guys up in the attics is the crazy South Florida summer heat but then I remember that I used to be the first one to volunteer for summer attic duty because I hated to have to listen to the other dudes bitch and complain. Lol

Yes it was earned. And honestly I miss it so much. I truly love the welding field and being a welder was way more gratifying than being the boss in a lot of ways and had waaay less stress. Stay cool everyone.

We're experiencing the heat wave with high humidity as well... Although here in Erie, PA, is still cooler than most of the rest of the state.

Stay hydrated; Be cool and stay cool! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Garth. Forecast a chilly 101 in Richmond, Virginia today. Bothered me less when I was younger. But been here awhile and used to it - somewhat. Think cool thoughts.

Pretty hot in ole Mo. My buddy owns a roofing co and said he has a lazer,temp reading type device that when he aimed it at the shingles they installed earlier that day it read 190 degrees. It's a hot one folks stay hydrated and stay off the Roof!! :D

Not sure about the rest of the country but we are getting hit with some STUPID HOT weather right now. Humidity is through the roof. Heat index is supposed to be barking at 120 degrees tomorrow. Probably not the weekend for a cookout, at least around here. I plan on staying in the air conditioning or poolside.

Remember to stay hydrated, lots of water (or Coors Lite, same thing), and sunscreen.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Garth
HAHAHAHAHA Coors Light is NOT Water You are so funny Garth BRAT

a-hot-summer_o_2252025.jpg

These last few days have been unseasonably delightful here in East Podunk. It started when a couple days ago when I went to work and it was like a pleasant October morning - temperature in the upper 60s (pretty much unheard of for July), sunny and breezy - getting up to the upper 80s for the daytime high, but with relatively low humidity (another rarity) so it was actually pleasant to be outside. Pretty much the same yesterday and today.

Almost reminds me of the summer days I spent as a kid in Michigan and Ohio. Like we swapped for the week or something. I hope you're enjoying our July weather, because I'm really liking yours.

Yeah same here- Kind of wish it would heat up a bit actually - Tuesday morning I think I had 58 ~ morning drive in to work today was 60. Pretty insane for almost Aug.

But I'm sure in no time at all we'll be back to 80 by 8 (a.m.), with highs in the mid-90 to low 100s, and more an enough humidity to keep the sweat from evaporating, even on the hottest days.

Back