Stay hydrated ............

Gah man that sounds tough! Hang in there bro.

Sorry to hear that David best of luck with it, hope your feeling better soon.
Reading this thread is making me think I might need to cut back my coffee even more, I had already started just my morning kickstart.o_O

Last edited:
Bummer Dude! Best wishes getting that worked out! I hear it's a "memorable" experience :eek::eek::eek: ~ We need you back in the game chief! :thumbsup:

Tip - I got a buddy that works at a local steel plant. He game me a 3 hour tour one time, it was the most amazing adventure! went into the bathroom and above the urinals they have a color chart - you're supposed to match up to the corresponding shades of yellow and rate your hydration status. I thought it was funny at the time but it made a lot of sense, in a steel mill, hot as hell *surface of the sun hot in places* and hydration is one of the biggest health threats they face. So hearing this really brought it back to me - and I have to say, since then I unconsciously do a color check everytime - and now for sure!
A doctor told me here a few years ago when I ended up with a weeks stay after trying to be a "tough guy" said - "You don't get healthier after the age of 40, that is our peek health and you go downhill from there* He was from India and they have a different approach to being "direct" I wanted to punch him in the face because 40 was quite some time ago LOLOLO!!!
Get well soon! ;)

Both caffeine and alcohol are diuretics. This is the formal term for things that dehydrate you. Working in an aid station at a rock concert in the heat of summer I've heard, "Dehydrated! I can't be dehydrated! I've been drinking beer (or cola) all day!"

A general rule of thumb is if your urine is not clear, you need to hydrate.

Good luck with the stones. They're nasty!

I hope you feel better David. Reading that scared me. I'm sort of addicted to Dr. Pepper lol it ran in the family my grandfather worked for the company in the 50's, then Coca Cola as a bottle delivery driver. My father always said when he was a kid he got as much soda as he could drink when he visited the plant after school. Seeing now that he has all false teeth, Im not sure if that is related. But anyways I"m going to kick the habit and drink water and perhaps lemon juice from now on.

David, I hope you feel better soon!

I had a large calcium oxalate stone that I chose to have removed surgically 3 years ago. The surgery went ok, but care afterward was poor, so the overall experience was not great. I'm ok now, so I thank God for that.

Here is a link to the National Kidney Foundation about calcium oxalate stones:
https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/calcium-oxalate-stone

Attached here are 2 pages I received from my doctor about oxalate content of foods, some of which should be avoided or consumed sparingly. My doctor said if I ate food high in oxalate, then be sure to drink plenty of water.

Hogs: you will be happy to know that bacon is low in oxalate! ;):D

Attachments

• oxalate1.pdf
    467.8 KB · Views: 1
  • oxalate2.pdf
    293.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you all for the well wishes I really appreciate it.
Feeling a little better today.

Back