Stay out of the Custom Shop at night, y'all

Keeps on getting better and better, I tell ya! :D

FZ4yKXi.jpg

I couldn't have been less interested in a Crooked River, until I saw the picture of your custom. Good choice man!

I was mad about the Benchmade gun Fiasco, but honestly I am over it now and willing to forgive. Anyways I visited the Custom Shop last night and I designed a couple Mini Crooked Rivers. I really liked the all black all the time one with 20cv steel.And I made one Red G-10 and Black bolsters with Satin D2 steel. I'm not sure which one I want yet though. I might tinker with it some more . I can't wait to get one. That tan one looks really interesting.

I was mad about the Benchmade gun Fiasco, but honestly I am over it now and willing to forgive.
Wow it took you what, THREE whole days to go from "I'm never supporting Benchmade again" to, "meh, I'll still buy Benchmade"?

This is unfortunately how things are in the glorious days of social media, with everyone policing others based on their beliefs/opinions: instantaneous, real-time "outrage" as the facts come in followed by apathy within the same week. Maybe if you guys stepped away from the keyboard, took a deep breath, waited for the story to unravel, you'd save destroying careers, reputations, lives, and businesses.

The thing is, I'm sure many of the loudest people complaining about Benchmade now either don't even own a Benchmade knife or will, like this guy, be "over it" in no time.

You could have just got a stock Delica4 in purple :p

That there’s a both/and proposition, sir. I did enjoy my purple delica last year. Wouldn’t be opposed to having it again if I found the right deal.:D

Looking very nice! How is the QC? Good initial sharpness? A lot of BMs I have gotten came with a decent working edge but not a paper slicing edge...they would have struggled to cut up the bill of rights for instance..

Looking very nice! How is the QC? Good initial sharpness? A lot of BMs I have gotten came with a decent working edge but not a paper slicing edge...they would have struggled to cut up the bill of rights for instance..

Mine was and still is razor sharp from the factory. Cleanly slices phonebook paper easily. I've stropped it a couple times to keep it that way, haven't felt a need to resharpen it on the Wicked Edge as of yet.

Your knife looks great. Honestly did not know Benchmade had a custom shop and had ordered my Benchmades from distributors. I really like my mini CR but I ordered a second through the Custom shop today. Went with 20 cv black blade, gray bolster, black: handle, screws, liner with red pivot and spacer. Personalized the blade a bit but don't plan on ever selling or trading it. Will post a pic when it arrives.

I should have never opened this thread. Ended up ordering a custom Crooked River within 24 hours (maybe 36?) of reading through this. :mad:
:D

Should be here this Friday. Blue and black.

Awesome! Post up a pic of your build if you have a chance!

Back