Stealth by Fox

Hi guys,
anybdy have or used that strange knife
Stealth made by Fox
titanium blade laminated in carbon fiber !!

Sounds very interesting
Price not so much ...

They look too pretty to use!
(What DO they cost?)

Unless you want to smuggle a knife onto a plane or through metal detectors, I don't get it. But I love the two Fox knives I received recently. Fit and Finish is as perfect as it gets (not karambits, though).

Unless you want to smuggle a knife onto a plane or through metal detectors, I don't get it. But I love the two Fox knives I received recently. Fit and Finish is as perfect as it gets (not karambits, though).

Not true
Modern airport detection units detect napkin in your pocket !
So why not big titanium knife :^D

OK.... so, what might be the use of a laminated titanium / carbon fiber blade ? Apart from "we can make it, so let's do it !"

According to several descriptions - it's Special Forces knife, dive knife etc
Non magnetic, no rust ...

So many collectors collect titanium scales/handles :^D
Maybe they are just misguided ...

In order to get all of that "stuff" to stick together: it must have taken some pretty smart folks...

From Fox's description:
1) 100% non magnetic for mine demolition
2) completely rust resistant and
3) a superior cutting tool.

OK, I will concede (maybe) to points 1 and 2, although I am not sure how you would demolish a mine with a knife and live to tell about it. Perhaps they meant mine "detection" or extraction. As in, poking the ground looking for mines.

The third point, well.......LMAO. Titanium makes the dullest butter knife seem like a light sabre in comparison. What can you harden Ti to anyway? Like 5 HRC (if you're lucky)?????? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I will tag in someone who knows his stuff about titanium, just to answer your questions. But as for me, I am so desperately old school that good ole steel is good enough for me, even iron could do. Mecha, you're the one.

I will tag in someone who knows his stuff about titanium, just to answer your questions. But as for me, I am so desperately old school that good ole steel is good enough for me, even iron could do. Mecha, you're the one.
Beat me to it, but you didn't actually tag him. Mecha Mecha

It's basically just an 0p3rat0r fantasy piece. The description of the knife on the Fox website is kind of ridiculous, including factual errors.

It's just grade 5 ti (which can be found in a huge range of quality), and would work way better as a blade if it had a carbidized edge and no carbon fiber at all. The carbon fiber cladding is pointless other than being neat.

Last edited:
From Fox's description:
1) 100% non magnetic for mine demolition
2) completely rust resistant and
3) a superior cutting tool.

OK, I will concede (maybe) to points 1 and 2, although I am not sure how you would demolish a mine with a knife and live to tell about it. Perhaps they meant mine "detection" or extraction. As in, poking the ground looking for mines.

The third point, well.......LMAO. Titanium makes the dullest butter knife seem like a light sabre in comparison. What can you harden Ti to anyway? Like 5 HRC (if you're lucky)?????? :rolleyes:

There are some ti alloys that can harden well over HRc 60, and others that make a good knife blade, but this Fox one ain't it! šŸ˜

Reactions: DMG
There are some ti alloys that can harden well over HRc 60, and others that make a good knife blade, but this Fox one ain't it! šŸ˜

I don't see anything indicating that the Stealth's Ti is alloyed with anything. I suspect it is about as hard as Jello. :p

To be fair: not seeing it doesn't that it's not there.
I think some more research is needed...

I don't see anything indicating that the Stealth's Ti is alloyed with anything. I suspect it is about as hard as Jello. :p

It's Ti 6al4v... 6% aluminum, 4% vanadium, 90% titanium. By far the most common alloy, and the one that's usually being referred to when people say "titanium." It's designed to not get very hard. It's springy and tough, and resistant to cracking. It's the "mild steel" of the titanium world. It makes a useful knife when it has a tungsten carbide application to one side of the blade, especially for fibrous materials.

It's basically just an 0p3rat0r fantasy piece. The description of the knife on the Fox website is kind of ridiculous, including factual errors.

It's just grade 5 ti (which can be found in a huge range of quality), and would work way better as a blade if it had a carbidized edge and no carbon fiber at all. The carbon fiber cladding is pointless other than being neat.
I won
I asked
I didn't buy

Some 25 years ago I had non-magnetic cobalt Boker
Sold long time ago
Some regrets left till today

Back