Steel Will Cutjack C22

Just picked up the larger Cutjack. Blade is about 3.5" . Handle is about 4.5" . The blade is about 1/8" thick. Its D2 steel. The handle is fiberglass filled nylon. There is a linerlock with dual steel nested liners. The liners have been milled which helped reduce the weight down under 4oz. Jimping is found in just the right spot on the blade tang. Its also on the liner and the flipper tab. The handle comes with a generous lanyard hole approx. 1/8" in diameter. The back spacer is also FRN and has large jimping. The handle has a nice textured pattern of "-" alternating positions between horizontal and vertical. Torx 8 and 6 sized silver screws hold the handles and blade in position. My handles are black but come in other colors. The D2 drop point blade comes with a nice high flat grind. There is also a finger choil for choking up onto the blade.
Performance wise this thing loves to cut. Its my first D2 steel knife and i was a bit worried about sharpening. The edge came adequate but after a few strokes on the Spyderco ceramic, it was shaving sharp. No worries there. My fear of sharpening D2 is now gone. This knife style is very reminiscent of the OutdoorEdge Pocket Spear and Field Spear from back in the 90's. The blade flips open better than any non-bearing flipper i've ever handled. For anyone looking for an outstanding slicer under $45, I'd recommend the Cutjack or its 3" blade little bro the Mini Cutjack.

Nice write up. I've had the same knife for 9 months or so and Its held up well so far. It's a breeze to disassemble should you ever need to. Great value for you money

Thanks for the review. I tried the C22M and really liked it. I love it when new budget throne contenders pop up now and again.

Back