Steelcraft (Begg) Kwaiken - Pivot Issue (need help!)

Hello,

My Kwaiken needs the pivot adjusted. I'd prefer to disassemble it first, but at the very least I need to tighten the pivot because the blade is off center and rocking.

I can't move the pivot screw because the opposite side of the post is a smooth cone that you can't put a tool on, the whole pivot spins in place when you turn it with the torx on the fastener, and it's not locked in place.

So.

What's the trick? How do I adjust the pivot on this thing? Or is it just trash?

(pretty grumpy about this)

Bought it from an individual. So sending it to Begg is the only way? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hold the opposite side tight with a piece of nonslip rubber (like latex gloves) while using a quality torx bit on the pivot screw.

Hello,

Could you share what was the outcome of the problem.

What's the trick? How do I adjust the pivot on this thing? Or is it just trash?

(pretty grumpy about this)

My thoughts exactly, just wondering if expensive trash or can be fixed...

I have new mini bodega with the same issue, come a little off center, didn't return it as I have bought it outside from the states and didn't want to pay additional 20+% of the price in shipping and taxes, as already paid for shipping, vat and etc, the knife is already above the average monthly salary in my country.
In the end tried to apply prying force to lock the pivot, until no longer rotates, and unscrew the heated screw, as a result only slipped once and stripped the screw.

Back