Steevee's WIP-ZONE

Very much enjoying this thread and admiring your work.

Is this not the knife in your avatar picture ?

Edit: I see a difference in the guard, any chance you can photograph them together when you are finished?
Thanks! Unfortunetly (well, pretty fortunetly to me), knife from my avatar was sold long time ago.

Here's finished guard:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkzhnW4gQmM/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12bp558wdrb2r

Got to do some magic to the guard and glue everything up together.

Last edited:
I've really enjoyed this thread so far, sir. That handle shape looks fantastic! Will you pin it (as well as epoxy, of course)?

Naah... Didn't wanted to disturb handle lines. I like to keep it clean. I made a lot of knives this way. Many of them are hardworkers and I never had any issues like tang slipping out of the handle. Also, I always fill the hole at the end of a tang with epoxy so It goes through the tang and creates kind of mechanical bond, kinda like a pin.

Thanks for looking man!

Last edited:
I really REALLY like the blade shape and overall design. Very nice work. Were it mine, I would specify premium wood for the handle.

Guess I can call it finished :)

HAYABUSA

O1 steel 60HRC
15,5" overall lenght
10,25" blade
0,295" thick

Fatigue finish brass guard with green burlap micarta handle

qbsWFni.jpg
0BgmsQi.jpg
kfZywNF.jpg
O7KYtg8.jpg
EdzBo9v.jpg
T2I8lhr.jpg
4FTwqkG.jpg
fCt3eQe.jpg
XG6sKH4.jpg
jJmi0FF.jpg
9UqUD5b.jpg
ssEoA5R.jpg

QaPnHdk.jpg

Some short clips from YT:

Thanks for looking guys!

Did I mention it's available? ;)

Last edited:
That didn't last long (and we knew it wouldn't)

Just an amazing knife. Looks lime a workhorse, but fast and light.

What a beast that is! Thanks for the video of it in hand, it really shows just how much knife is there. Love the shaping of the guard and the distressed finish, excellent job!

I just love the grind on this knife. Thick spine but thin on the cutting edge. I bet it can cut! :)

I was lucky enough to buy this before anyone else jumped on it and it is on it's way to me as you all read this message. I also commissioned Lucas to build me a large bowie/fighter and the blade will feature a nice hamon. Hopefully he will post progress pictures of this project.

After making HAYABUSA, I finally got some time to work on my personal bowie.

dCGoLnc.jpg

Almost got it ready for heat treat but I have to make another HAYABUSA ;)

REybqg5.jpg

And here's HAYABUSA with some of my other work from this week.

s0TQlKr.jpg

Great looking knives you've got going....your personal Bowie looks great! :cool:

Today I prepared HAYABUSA for heat treat.

pFeS1mX.jpg

Some of You propably wonder why I put horizontal satin finish before heat treat. And thats the reason why.

hI2LlCu.jpg

There's a gentlemen here in my homeland who's making protective coating for heat treatment. And it works pretty good.

b5XU8ot.jpg

It saves me a lot of work and time that I would spend on removing oxidation and decarbonized layer of steel. Few minutes with sandpaper P120 and everything is nice, clean and ready for further finishing.

I even managed to prepare blade that I'm making for myself and started working on the new AGGRESSOR

olP9kiG.jpg

Finally got IG videos working again:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlTUx2UjQJn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1n24drn6p4hww

Back