Steevee's WIP-ZONE

Just finished another Hayabusa, now time for sheath.

4pEyjXY.jpg
mMAGbIu.jpg

I added few extra mm at the tip and ricasso ending up with 10,5" blade instead of 10,25".

So I was working on the guard yesterday...

Pretty happy about the fit up.
oSNgz2Y.jpg
H3qG7LG.jpg

Now it's time to grind it to shape.
wcM9zct.jpg

uUBQiYA.jpg

Since every surface is prepared for stonewash, I can start sculpting.

The face of upper guard got to be first.
563WJcG.jpg

Then I can make inner parts of the guard.
Legxii8.jpg
l4LLcmh.jpg

It's starting to look like something ;)
WiqI5Md.jpg

Side grooves done and everything blended in together.
GRi1cBS.jpg

And there it goes into my super-duper stoneash mashine :D
Dzs7XR9.jpg

Here's all finished up.
xus44Gq.jpg

But...
Lines between lower guard radius and side groove were closer to each other than on the upper guard. I had mixed feelings about it, so I took few steps back and fixed it.

sv7sXOr.jpg

I'm done with it for now, next step- making the handle.
The extra facet you added after the stonewash on the guard really adds an extra dimension. Gorgeous knife brotha!

All three look great Lucas. What length blade is the middle one?

Hello!
Just decided to dug out this WIP thread of mine to show my proggresses for anyone who's interested in my work.
First of all, SIDEKICKS!
JMEUxNi.jpg

I started this run quite a while ago but I got sidetracked with other things.
I was going for 6 but I overestimated my angle grindiner skills and got only 5. More steel already arrived and I'll add one or two when I'll have those 5 prepared for HT, just don't want to mess my flow ;)

Hello!
Just decided to dug out this WIP thread of mine to show my proggresses for anyone who's interested in my work.
First of all, SIDEKICKS!
JMEUxNi.jpg

I was going for 6 but I overestimated my angle grindiner skills and got only 5. More steel already arrived and I'll add one or two when I'll have those 5 prepared for HT, just don't want to mess my flow ;)

I can't wait to see how these turn out!

Hello!
First of all, SIDEKICKS!
JMEUxNi.jpg

And one for me in stainless!

Back