• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steingass Battle Bowie in Sambar Stag **SOLD**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is my full-tang,subhilt Battle Bowie in Sambar Stag and W-2. The blade was full flat ground to .035" with 25 degree secondary bevels for a hair popping edge. Hand rubbed to 2000 grit and lightly etched to reveal a vivid hamon with some nice character and ghosting. There's just a bit of a recurve to this one for sleeknees and I'm real happy with how this one turned out. I haven't made the sheath yet so you may specify right or left. I hope you like it! I am particularly fond of this design because without having to get up, I can jab my mother-in-law as she walks past my easy chair. :D The first "I'll take it" gets it. $600 delivered Paypal preferred to tksteingass@frontier.com or USPS money orders please. Maker's lifetime common sense warranty and free sharpening. Thanks for looking!

TK

.250" Aldo's W-2
Clay Quenched Parks 50
Double Tempered
HT to Rc 60-61
12 5/8" OAL
8" Blade - flat ground
Sambar Stag Scales
Tapered tang with red liners
416 Stainless furniture - 600 grit satin finish
Corby rivets
Pinned/soldered double guard
Pinned sub-hilt
8-10 oz leather sheath (right or left)

BBowie-1.jpg

BBowie-2.jpg

BBowie-3.jpg

Last edited:
That sir, is a beautiful knife - should make someone very happy!
Good luck with the sale - as if you'll need it.

Mark: payment received - thank you! This will go out in Monday's mail with your right hand sheath.

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

This Bowie is sold

Everytime time I see a new thread from you I can't wait to open it! You along with other makers are really setting the standard. You are offering some Superb knives to us fortunate members at prices that make them obtainable. Just awesome! :thumbup:

Everytime time I see a new thread from you I can't wait to open it! You along with other makers are really setting the standard. You are offering some Superb knives to us fortunate members at prices that make them obtainable. Just awesome! :thumbup:

Thanks Iowa: I'm sure not getting rich here but I'm having a lot of fun and I've grown fond of some of you forumites. Good thing I have a day job though. ;)

You can't fool me. YOu are getting rich on the sweat of the working class. You have outsourced your mfg work to China and lost 100 American jobs. And taken $$mil in tax breaks too!
You have politicized the BladeForum and taken civility out of our usual discourse.:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:--:D

You can't fool me. YOu are getting rich on the sweat of the working class. You have outsourced your mfg work to China and lost 100 American jobs. And taken $$mil in tax breaks too!
You have politicized the BladeForum and taken civility out of our usual discourse.:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:--:D

Ben: It's about time you got sarcastic - I enjoy these much more than your nice posts. BTW: I found that hunk of Ebony for your Dropped Hunter order and will ship it to China to get your knife made - should take about nine months. :eek: :D

A nice proudly made in the USA knife from one of our top makers.The finish is again outstanding.

I'm glad you clarified that...we don't want Shane riding in to defend his knife and the maker.....

Back