• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steingass Star Point Hunter

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is this Star Point Hunter in CPM-154/Micarta. This new design has excellent hand ergonomics with its contoured handle. The star bolsters have red liners as does the highly tapered tang. Dressy enough to wear formal with its 8-10 oz RH horizontal sheath. I hope you like it! The first "I'll take it," PM, or email gets it. $525 delivered CONUS. Paypal preferred to tksteingass@frontier.com. Thanks for viewing my work and your comments are welcome.

V/R,

TK

3/16" CPM 154
HT to Rc 60-61
4" Hollow ground blade
8 3/4" OAL
Mirror finish
Star point bolsters
Stainless furniture
Black linen micarta scales
Tapered tang with red liners
8-10 oz RH horizontal leather sheath

Last edited:
That is stunning TK. You just keep on banging out beauties.

That is stunning TK. You just keep on banging out beauties.

Thanks for commenting Dan - not too many comments on this one.....I'll bet it's because of the price point. Some BF members need to understand that it takes the labor of three $150 guardless knives to make one of these - hence the price.

TK I always enjoy seeing your work, and in my professional opinion this knife is under priced for the time and skill required to make a knife of that caliber.

I've noticed a lot of folks don't take the time to comment these days , you though usually do get them . Beautiful piece TK and I'm sure that star point bolster is time consuming . A question though , in the pics it looks like the lanyard tube is narrower/shorter than the handle material . On purpose or just photo ?

I've noticed a lot of folks don't take the time to comment these days , you though usually do get them . Beautiful piece TK and I'm sure that star point bolster is time consuming . A question though , in the pics it looks like the lanyard tube is narrower/shorter than the handle material . On purpose or just photo ?

Just the photo Jack - the ends are flared so they can hide the backside of the lanyard tube.

TK I always enjoy seeing your work, and in my professional opinion this knife is under priced for the time and skill required to make a knife of that caliber.

Thanks Joe - appreciate the feedback :)

I understand the work it takes to produce one as fine as this. I agree, its a steal of a deal.

Beautiful!! Terrific clean design and the bolsters really set this one apart! :thumbup::thumbup:

I agree, a reasonable price for this knife considering the time required to create a knife of this complexity, especially to this degree of fit & finish.

Very nice knife,I think a lot a people are gearing up for getting the kids back to school right no,maybe one reason for lower than normal amount of comments these days.

I agree, a reasonable price for this knife considering the time required to create a knife of this complexity, especially to this degree of fit & finish.

Kevin: I agree, and it looks like it isn't selling on BF. I'm raising the price to $525 delivered because it's worth more than that, and will sell it off my website. The photograph by Coop cost me $170 alone. My offerings ALWAYS sell off my website. ;)

It is a handsome kife superbly made and cannot be properly appreciated until you handle it. A realnice, functional and beautiful knife..

It is a handsome kife superbly made and cannot be properly appreciated until you handle it. A realnice, functional and beautiful knife..

Thanks Ben - I'll pass that on to the Elves :D

Back