1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Steingass Star Point Hunter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by TK Steingass, Aug 23, 2015.

1. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker - Buckeye Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Gentlemen:

For your consideration is this Star Point Hunter in CPM-154/Micarta. This new design has excellent hand ergonomics with its contoured handle. The star bolsters have red liners as does the highly tapered tang. Dressy enough to wear formal with its 8-10 oz RH horizontal sheath. I hope you like it! The first "I'll take it," PM, or email gets it. $525 delivered CONUS. Paypal preferred to [email protected]. Thanks for viewing my work and your comments are welcome.

V/R,

TK

3/16" CPM 154
    HT to Rc 60-61
    4" Hollow ground blade
    8 3/4" OAL
    Mirror finish
    Star point bolsters
    Stainless furniture
    Black linen micarta scales
    Tapered tang with red liners
    8-10 oz RH horizontal leather sheath

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. DanGraves

DanGraves KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 5, 2006
    That is stunning TK. You just keep on banging out beauties.

3. TK Steingass

Oct 16, 2010
    Thanks for commenting Dan - not too many comments on this one.....I'll bet it's because of the price point. Some BF members need to understand that it takes the labor of three $150 guardless knives to make one of these - hence the price.

4. J. Hoover

J. Hoover

Jul 2, 2006
    TK I always enjoy seeing your work, and in my professional opinion this knife is under priced for the time and skill required to make a knife of that caliber.

5. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    I've noticed a lot of folks don't take the time to comment these days , you though usually do get them . Beautiful piece TK and I'm sure that star point bolster is time consuming . A question though , in the pics it looks like the lanyard tube is narrower/shorter than the handle material . On purpose or just photo ?

6. heo

heo

Apr 10, 2005
    Very nice package TK.

7. Flatsman007

Flatsman007

Apr 13, 2010
    That's gotta be in the range of off the charts!!

8. TK Steingass

Oct 16, 2010
    Just the photo Jack - the ends are flared so they can hide the backside of the lanyard tube.

9. TK Steingass

Oct 16, 2010
    Thanks Joe - appreciate the feedback :)

10. DanGraves

DanGraves KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 5, 2006
    I understand the work it takes to produce one as fine as this. I agree, its a steal of a deal.

11. Idlewild

Idlewild

Jan 11, 2004
    Beautiful!! Terrific clean design and the bolsters really set this one apart! :thumbup::thumbup:

12. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2006
    I agree, a reasonable price for this knife considering the time required to create a knife of this complexity, especially to this degree of fit & finish.

13. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Very nice knife,I think a lot a people are gearing up for getting the kids back to school right no,maybe one reason for lower than normal amount of comments these days.

14. TK Steingass

Oct 16, 2010
    Kevin: I agree, and it looks like it isn't selling on BF. I'm raising the price to $525 delivered because it's worth more than that, and will sell it off my website. The photograph by Coop cost me $170 alone. My offerings ALWAYS sell off my website. ;)

15. drducati

drducati

Nov 20, 2004
    It is a handsome kife superbly made and cannot be properly appreciated until you handle it. A realnice, functional and beautiful knife..

16. TK Steingass

Oct 16, 2010
    Thanks Ben - I'll pass that on to the Elves :D

17. Scott Davidson

Scott Davidson

Jul 9, 2010
    Thats a great looking knife sir.

18. TK Steingass

Oct 16, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words Scott :)