• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steller sea cow for sale

Mark Knapp

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have actually upgraded my membership to "Dealer" now so this should be OK, I am sure it will indicate that under my name very soon. I have for sale Steller sea cow rib bone for knife handles. It is all pretty dense bone. All sales are guaranteed, if you find you can't use it after you get it just send it back and I will return your purchase price. All measurements are of the smallest end. If there is a minus sign behind a number,then it is just a smidge under that, but not a sixteenth under. All sales are plus shipping, I will use the smallest flat rate priority box your stuff will fit into. I am always happy to answer any questions about the stuff and about working the stuff. I take Paypal, credit cards over the phone and checks, Please email for total before sending any money.
seacow001.jpg

seacow002.jpg

A 3 1/2 X 1 3/8 X 5 $45.00
B 4 1/2 X 1 1/2 X 5- $62.50
seacow003.jpg

seacow004.jpg

C 2 3/4 X 1 3/8 X 5 $45.00 SOLD to Bruce
D 3 X 1 1/2 X 5 $45.00 SOLD to Walter
seacow005.jpg

seacow006.jpg

E 2 X 1 1/2 X 6 $38.00 SOLD to Phil
F 2 1/4 X 1 X 5 $28.00 SOLD to Walter
G 1 3/4 X 1 1/4 X 5 $22.00
H 1 3/4 X 7/8 X 5 $20.00
I 1 5/8 X 1 X 5- $20.00 SOLD to Phil

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

This is too funny. The other guy who milks money out of me with his neat handle material is named Mark too!

Thanks, Phil

Last edited:
If any one would like to see this stuff later, it will be on my web site, thanks for looking Mark

A customer emailed and asked if any of this was still available. Yes it is, Thanks Mark

would like to see what it looks like when finished do you have to seal it lol

Is the fillet knife handle dyed or did sealing it result in that brown?

Nice knife by the way. I like the design.

Is the fillet knife handle dyed or did sealing it result in that brown?

Nice knife by the way. I like the design.

Hi Dan, No die, thats the color of the bone all the way through, the color varies from piece to piece or even within a piece, but you can see it in the ends of the pieces above. I really try to maintain natural colors in all of my knives. Exceptions would be only when I am trying to match colors of fill material, in mammoth tooth for instance, I also like to experiment with ebonizing things the way they did in the old days. That is a rosewood spacer between the sea cow and the guard.

Back