• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

Hello, I am wondering if there is anyone else out there, who has not had knives that wre paid for, but not delivered by steve corkum? I have quite a few knives that have been paid for 3 to 5 years ago, however I have not seen most of them. Steve has promised me many times that he would finally make good on the orders, but has so far lied to me. Also, does anyone have an e-mail address, or a postal address for JerryVan Cook,so that I can ask his advice? Thanks.

Welcome to Bladeforums!

I'm sorry to hear you got taken :( Check out that link Keith posted.

I think Jerry Van Cook may be writing for Tactical Knives, so you might be able to contact him though them.

That dink owes me a lot of money over 3 years. :mad: :mad: :mad: I would not urinate on his gravesite to make flowers grow. :mad: :mad: :mad: I am STILL trying. I may have to just go up there :mad: :mad: :mad:

David Farmer said:
I would not urinate on his gravesite to make flowers grow. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think that you hit the nail on the head, David. . . and pretty much surmises how many others feel about Steve Corkum. ;) :D

it has been a year for me and my neighbor all i can say is good luck i have heard every story everyone else has posted and have went as far as toogo tooo his house too get the knives since they only needed to be wraped ha .ha. ha.

If it's been years and you have no confidence that you'll ever see your knife or your money, there is a way to recover some of your loss.

Write the man a letter saying "Forget it. I'm writting this off." With that done, most people* can deduct the loss from their income tax as written-off bad debt. This will lower your income tax liability and, depending on your tax bracket, essentially be like getting 25-38% of the money back.

I know that anyone would prefer to have 100% of his money back or the knife he ordered. But, if you're convinced that neither of those is gonna happen and you haven't got the energy (or the money) to persue the matter otherwise, getting 25-38% of your money back is better than nothing.

* Consult a tax professional for specific advice about your personal tax situation. Some assembly required. Not sold in stored. Void where prohibited by law.

One thing for sure....................

"As a man sows, so shall he also reap!"

Mr Corkum................your time is running out!!!!! :grumpy: :p :grumpy:

tom mayo said:
One thing for sure....................

"As a man sows, so shall he also reap!"

Mr Corkum................your time is running out!!!!! :grumpy: :p :grumpy:

Well said. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him. :eek:
Does he ever go to blade show? :confused:
I'm sure Atlanta has an alley :D

Sorry to hear of your loss :(

HELLO Knifeaddictak, I was informed that Steve does not go to any shows. I was informed by a member of the foeum, that i ought to call steve,howver i told him that after 5 years worth of calling ,it wears awfull thin. Steve knows what he owes me and hasmy address., and i am long tired of doing all the calling. oldone
:grumpy:

I've seen posts about Steve surface from time to time. I'm not sure about the various state laws, but fraudulant sales of anything through use of the mail is a federal crime with really stiff penalities. In the bigger scheme of things, Steve may be small fish, but if you found the right federal agency / individual you might be able to make things really uncomfortable (i.e. expensive) for him.

Razz

what in the world can jerry van cook do? if its "get the word out" most people on this forum already know, i doubt he would say anything bad in TK corkum at least used to advertise with them, and he above all other writers seems like a brown noser to me.

3-4 yrs ago i almost ordered a knife from him but he scared me off he wanted full payment up front and i wouldnt do that thank the lord, he does make some nice stuff but so do lots of other good honest folks.

good luck though, i dont know what to suggest that would help ya, i guess small claims court or go visit him is about all the options,

Hey, Danbo, do I need any other SRV collections other than Essential Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble? Cool avatar ;)

Back