• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

i own a corkum shobu that i bought from az custom knives back when jay and karen sadow owned it. i really love this knife and want another

would it be in bad taste to buy another from somewhere like bladeart or should we as knife buyers boycott his product until he settles with the people he owes?

When your friends are admiring your collection and asking what's this one, what's that one, do you want to tell them oh, that knife was made by a fellow who's cheated so many customers out of their money he has about six or eight threads about him in TGB&U? It's something to think about....

As for me I'd rather tell my friends that knife of mine was made by one of the nicest guys in the world, a man of unquestionable integrity, he hangs around the forums and answers questions from his customers, he posts in Shop Talk and helps beginners learn knifemaking -- and he's a good friend of mine, we post back and forth on the forums -- he's one of the best knifemakers too. You don't know who I'm talking about, do you? Neither do I. There are so many knifemakers here who fit that description....

If he is the same guy that designed the CRKT First Strike then why would anyone want to buy a knife from him. This is a 50.00 butter knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the kicker is the disclaimer stating its RAZOR sharp,what a joke.

As much of a prick as Steve Corkum is, he can't be held responsible for how CRKT make the knife he designed for them.

The fact that Steve Corkum is a crook is my reason for never purchasing one of his knives.

you are right now that i think about it Cougar.

it's just too bad that bladeart and others will get stuck with a product that they can't move though :(

witchhunter said:
it's just too bad that bladeart and others will get stuck with a product that they can't move though :(

What is a real shame is that there are a huge number of people that don't know what kind of a person Steve Corcum is. They don't frequent the forums and only go by what they have read, or maybe what a friend told them. There are lots of people out there that will buy Steve Corkum's knives and that is a downright shame.

Like I have posted before, I am out about $4000 to that friggin dink. When I recoup, PLEASE buy them from me. I will need to get something back.

I don't see how a man can keep taking orders when he's got so many to take care of. Shame to read all this, hard to believe that someone with such a lack of integrity and an obvious disregard for his customers has made it to where he is. Bring him down and make him pay for his crimes against this community. And yes, BOYCOTT!! There are too many good, custom knifemakers waiting to prove themselves to all of us, give them a chance. Support your fellow knife owners in their pursuit of justice by not buying anything Corkum, custom or otherwise, and spread the word in any way that you can.

He's made his name Mud around here and just about everywhere in the knife world. His knives go on sale now regularly so he's done himself in for sure. He made it so far because at on time he was delivering but that's all changed , he's toast! :mad:

I don't like to talk bad about people but this guy is the worst of the worst! He called begging me to buy his knives, told him fine no payment till I got the knives in my hand! Sent 3 knives, late of course, NoNE came sharpened, says he had a guy helping, equipment problems, etc. Paid for 1 sent 2 back got 2 back sent one paid for one. Never got the third! Ay least I was smart enough to not loose any money! Guy is a punk, wasted a lot of my time!

Guy complains of having lots of past medical problems! Might have, sorry for that but you know you reap what you sow or bad things happen to bad people!

Steve I know you read this, you practically cried about this forum while talking to me! You got my number call me up and explain if this is not true!!

witchhunter said:
you are right now that i think about it Cougar.

This is very true...
the rjcutlery link posted earlier is our local knife shop here in good ol' Victorville....They have had the same 4-5 Corkum blades sitting on display for about the last 3 years easily...

If Mr. Corkum is reading this thread he can make things right by personally contacting every person with an overdue order and making plans to fix these situations. I believe that every man should get a chance to make himself right with others. Either provide the service or refund the money.

In reply to futant`s post. Me and quite a few others that Corkum owes money and/or knives to, have tried to contact him, however, he will not answer any form of communication. He has promised several people that they will get their knives, however to date, none has received money back or knives. I did discover that Corkum has started up a web site again, and I tried to contact him through the site, but no answer there either. :(

oldone said:
In reply to futant`s post. Me and quite a few others that Corkum owes money and/or knives to, have tried to contact him, however, he will not answer any form of communication. He has promised several people that they will get their knives, however to date, none has received money back or knives. I did discover that Corkum has started up a web site again, and I tried to contact him through the site, but no answer there either. :(

**Pennsylvania Attorney General

**Postal Inspector

**Federal Trade Commission

futant said:
If Mr. Corkum is reading this thread he can make things right by personally contacting every person with an overdue order and making plans to fix these situations. I believe that every man should get a chance to make himself right with others. Either provide the service or refund the money.

the sun might rise in the north tomorrow but i wouldnt bet anything on it.

this has been going on a while.

hmmmmm....interesting.

Steve has high artistic philosophies for his life, his work, his trade and his personal life as well. And he includes all these philosophies into each and every piece he creates. He is the sole author of his work and does not contract out for any grinding or heat treating. He uses very basic knife making tools which in turn gives him the greatest control on the out come of the blades. "Simplicity at it's Best"

Well we will let Steve Tell you in his own words....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Steve Corkum, knife and swordsmith. I've been making blades for over six years. I'm a full-time maker and I truly love my job: designing and creating a wide variety of blades and finished pieces, including hunters, daggers, Bowies, and fighters along with my favorites: Japanese swords, Tantos, Yaris and Naginatas.

All of my blades are heat-treated using the Japanese clay method giving the blade a very hard edge and a springy back, resulting in great flexibility, edge holding and a highly visible and lively Hamon (temper line). I hand polish and rub each blade to bring out the Hamon with the highest distinction possible; I have always spent and will continue to spend long hours working to constantly improve the polishing process to offer you the most elegant and unique temper lines available.

I frequently test my blades to destruction to ensure a constant level of excellence in regards to their quality, strength, and durability.

All of my knives and swords are guaranteed for the life of the smith against any defects in workmanship. My products are meant to be used, but obvious abuse will void this guarantee. Some changes in temperature and humidity will cause cracks, checking, and shrinking in natural materials. My guarantee does not include this.

Bottom Line these pieces are meant to be used and are buit in such a way to be tough and dependable yet look beautiful and graceful while doing it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Too bad his lead time (at the rate this is going) is 10-15 years. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure whether this would work but if anyone paid with postal money orders they should contact the Post Office and Postal Inspectors and claim fraud. If you find one who cares, which is sort of a hit or miss situation as I understand it, he can make him deliver, refund or spend some time in the Iron Bar Hotel. Worth a try, anyway. Good luck.

Back