• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

I like his designs. However, don't think I would buy one. Definately would NOT buy anything from him, maybe from an innocent dealer stuck with his stuff. However, couldn't have any pride in ownership.

I feel for the guys stuck with his stuff.

Thanks for the bump, I've seen his designs around (s4supply et al) and noob that I am, took a liking to them. Now I know to run--not walk--in the other direction.

I have heard nothing myself. He is still with us, however I have no idea how he is making it. The biggest problem that me and if I may say many other customers are having is that we didn`t keep adequate receipts. I don`t about the others, but as far me, it didn`t seem necessary at first. He delivered the knives write on time. Later I fell into the famous trap of I will have the knife ready by the end of next week. I know this may be repetitive, I still say he makes great knives, however Steve has taken a different path.

Old Guy said:
I know this may be repetitive, I still say he makes great knives, however Steve has taken a different path.

He may well amke great knives, but so do hundreds of honest knifemakers. This guy isn't worth the time of day.

i agree 100% with keith its not like corkum is the only smith turning out japanese style daggers, lotsa folks do.

tom mayo said:
One thing for sure....................

"As a man sows, so shall he also reap!"

Mr Corkum................your time is running out!!!!! :grumpy: :p :grumpy:

My uncle used ta say,"If ya sew a man's mouth shut he won't make a peep", now that I think about it, he was talkin' 'bout people rattin' ya out.

Never mind.

I can't imagine having laid out money for a knife waiting two years and still no knife, was he always like this or did he fall prey to the, "I'll take all the money and orders while I'm popular and everyone will patiently wait for my knives because I'm in so much demand." syndrome that so many startup makers get pulled into?

Some people feel if they have more work than time to do the job, they'll always have work, still none of this excuses bad business practice.

Well.....it finally happened.

I am not a BTTT kind of guy, but I do follow a few threads along that concern me.

I just had a phone call from......yes.....STEVE CORKUM!

Apparently, he forgot that he screwed me too a few years ago. I got away lucky (by dealer standards)- a few thousand.

I went through all the same BS as the others who got taken.

Wife in car accident, the knives in the trunk and unable to open it. Then wife got rental car that was stolen with the knives.

Multiple UPS tracking numbers that some how never tracked - I guess when you send a BS tracking number, it is hard to track- right?

Remade the knives and sent them by mail- unable to track- lost.

Always the promise of a “free” knife with another purchase of more knives.

The last time I “almost” was taken again, was while walking the SHOT Show in 2002 in Orlando, he called me on my cell and asked me to buy him some ammunition for his “whatever” gun.
If I would FedEx the ammo to him (from the show in Orlando) he would overnight some knives that were “almost” ready—the handles were “drying”- his wife was packing them and the UPS guy was in the bathroom, having a shower, waiting for the box to be closed up……

Anyway, here is the number that showed up on my caller ID- who knows probably a stolen cell- right?

Good luck to all of you- I hope you get cleared up - it really is amazing that this guy is not in jail.

Best regards, Neil

By the way- I told him that when he he squares away Josh Lee and all the others who he had flucked over, that I would be happy to buy from him again...:jerkit:

severedthumbs said:
What a loser this guy is. He seems worse than Larry Chew.

I haven't heard anything about Larry Chew. That's news to me. If you have had a problem with him you should start a thread and let people know what happened.

Neil`s post about Steve Corkum was execellent. One item that shines through all this is that all the people who lost time and money, were treated equally. Steve did not play favorites, when it came to dealing with people. I hope that someday we will all get our money or knives, however I don`t see it happening this century.

You should all put lien's on his property. May take years but one day you will get a call when he wants to sell and he will have to make it right by you.

Just an idea....

Good luck!

Billy

medbill said:
You should all put lien's on his property. May take years but one day you will get a call when he wants to sell and he will have to make it right by you.

Just an idea....

Good luck!

Billy

If he actually owns any property this might not be a bad idea. Not only could he not sell the property, he couldn't borrow on it either.

I had been looking at Japanese style knives and was considering one of these I saw at the dealer I go to. He had at least 3 and has had them for while. I have one of the CRKT First Strikes and it came extremely sharp. But after reading this I'm amazed and won't buy any more of his stuff. I've always wanted a Bud Nealy Aikuchi anyway, and I _know_ that is an excellent quality knife from a maker with a great reputation for quality and honesty.

I can sympathize with you guys and just hope you get some justice after all this time.

Norm

Back