• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

For anyone who has used money orders go to US Postal Service Mail Fraud Form and fill it in and send it in with the address you sent the money to. If enough people do this then they'll go after him quick. Depending on the state he's in federal charges can rack up over as little as $500.00

While reading another thread about a maker that is about as low as they get, I though about Steve Corkum. The lowest of the low.

i can figure him out the least of all the con artists, he at least makes an unusual kind of blade and imho has more skill than the rest put together, if he would get his self straight imho he could make a living at this, go figure.

I have always said that Steve makes some of the finest knives around, however he is somewhere where he can`t be reached. I don`t mean physically- There are some people who have had very serious talks with him about getting straight, however he seems to be getting farther away. It would be great for Steve to get going again, but I think it would be almost impossible to do, as he has stuck it royally to too many people . Who can really tell though.

STEVEN A CORKUM
34 BASEHOAR SCHOOL RD LITTLESTOWN, PA 17340 County
(Last known address)

Screen Name: Seemadashi
Other E-Mail: SCo7129849

Phone
Home: 717 359 9563
Cell: 717-269-5934

NorthStarXO said:
For anyone who has used money orders go to US Postal Service Mail Fraud Form and fill it in and send it in with the address you sent the money to. If enough people do this then they'll go after him quick. Depending on the state he's in federal charges can rack up over as little as $500.00

Has anyone done this..?

What has happened to most people that dealt with Corkum, including me, is that a lot of people didn`t keep good records. I have heard that an online company was planning on filing fraud charges against him. However I haven`t seen anymore about it.

Doe anyone know if Corkum is supplying any knives to anyone at all these days? Does he still supply certain dealers?

Keith I don`t Steve is doing anything these days except ducking and hiding. I have been cheking up on him lately, there isnt much happening. I have heard that he has showed up at a knife show now and then , trying to sell a knife here and there, even though these few knives should be going to past customers. I do believe that he is in super-serious financial shape, however as I have said before, this is due entirely to Mr. Corkum. I doubt very seriously he is working with any dealers, as word should have spread around by now that he is unfortunately unreliable.

Quote Keith Montgomery "Just so people continue to get to see what kind of a person Steve Corkum is."

My first and only contack with SC was a telephone call I received from him when he had appeared in Blade Magazine's knifemaker profile section. He said to look out for him cause he was going to be the greatest thing to hit the knifemaking scene. Huh? I thought to myself so who are Slobodian, Engnath, Bell and Hartsfield? (WestCoaster here)
Initially I thought he wanted to talk knives but it became apparent he wanted to promote his knives. He critiqued my work and told me his methods were much better than mine. I know I don't make the greatest knives. I ALSO KNOW BETTER THAN TO CALL ANOTHER KNIFEMAKER AND CRITIQUE HIS/HER KNIVES and say mine are better.

Bring it back to the top.

I'd be interested in opinions please. I was contacted today to make a custom sheath for a Corkum knife and as I had no idea what he makes or who he is I Googled him up and WOW! Let me stress, this is not for Corkum...it is for a person who bought a Corkum knife some place and just wants something other than Kydex in a custom sheath. I'm just wondering if I want his knife in one of my sheaths as I do not condone his business practices. On the other hand the customer is quite innocent of any wrong doing. I just don't want to do anything to further Corkum in any way. What are your opinions?

Paul

Just my .02 worth....

Corkum is a dirtbag, on this we all agree, but the man did make a good product. I still hope to see something at some point, for the money I have lost.

The question you are asking, it seems to me, should be "Will I be supporting Corkum if I make a sheath for someone who has one of his knives?" If I'm wrong, say it. As my wife reminds me on a constant basis, I'm wrong almost as often as I am right.

I personally feel that refusing to make a sheath for a Corkum piece is not hurting Steve, but IS hurting the one who wants to have YOU do the work.

You can take pride in your work, and gain a good customer, by telling him that you wouldn't do it for Corkum, but you will for him.

"Don't shoot the messenger" goes further than many think....

Again, if you think I am wrong, or if I have offended you, I am truly sorry.

Drunken tirade over,

Out here....

There is nothing wrong with Corkum knives and nothing wrong with making a sheath for one. There is something wrong with Steve Corkum and those that support him by selling his knives. I have no problem with those dealers that have been stuck with Corkum knives selling them off, but any dealer that would continuously support him would never get my business.

Since this is a maker that is still around, I think it is important that what he has done stays fresh in people's minds.

Back