• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

I'm a young guy and a new maker, and I love Japanese styled knives. I did an internet search for japanese styled knives and saw some of Steve Corkum's work. I pretty much fell in love with his knives, and thought highly of him until I saw this thread here on BF.

The knives are wonderful. If the guy kept his nose clean and was a good honest man I believe he could have been one of the greats.

Too bad man....:(

me and a friend went by steve corkums house last weekend on a fishing trip too p.a. and saw him laughing having a good old time living it up!in his front yard with a whole garage full of people working on every machine in his garage either they were hard core friends or people who have not read anything about him or they are being sucked in like the rest of us the many the mad! the riped off!!. we were going too stop but decided too pass because of possble confrontation because he is obviously not planing too make good on past orders talked too the local cops they told us that that he filed bankruptcy and the state could do nothing even though we won a judgment against him but he still continues too produce knives in p.a.and is making money selling them i do not know how you feel about this but it does not set well with me

This guy may have defrauded people out of more money than any other maker. He must be keep in people's minds.

I just happened to look at bladeart and they have a bunch of Corkum's stuff for sale. I guess he wouldn't dare screw with them.

This whole thing is a darn shame. I have picked up a few of his knives from the secondary market and they are really nice. I would seriously like to be able to call him up and order his work. But I wont/ can't. Its just not worth it. To many Honest makers produceing nice knives.

Or instead of ordering a knife from Corkum, you could just throw your money into the ocean. Eliminate the middleman....

oh we understand keith because "steve corkum doesnt deliver on paid orders" and this does need to stay around for newbies to read.

not boring at all, i wish corkum would stop by and explain himself doubt that will ever happen though.

bmrzmr said:
He critiqued my work and told me his methods were much better than mine.

wtf what methods was he talking about??

i dont think he´s gonna come here and all the sudden start explaining stuff, about missing knives, i dont really think so. but it would be fun tho, how many knives does he owe people really?

I think this thread should be a sticky actually, because nobody in the knife world has been more shady it seems. Put him at the top as the prime example of shadiness.

All apologies to the people who have been robbed/peeled/burned/swindled etc by Corkum, but this thread has proven to be quite an interesting and somewhat entertaining read.

It's unbelievably bad

I was recently contacted by the PA Attorney General's office. They asked me if Steve Corkum has made good on the knives he owes me. I told them NO.

So if you are still having problems with Steve Corkum, contact the person, or office below.

Jodi L. Zucco
Deputy Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
301 Chestnut Street, Suite 105
Harrisburg, PA 17101
717-772-3552
717-772-3560 (fax)
mail to: jzucco@attorneygeneral.gov

Back