• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E Ernest Wohleb
Thank you for keeping us in the loop Ernest.
Also.....major kudos to you guys staying the course and not letting this shit slide.
Hoping you all get your property back.....at least.
I still would feel bad for him, IF you guys didn't give him every opportunity to make this right.
So glad to see progress.
Joe

E Ernest Wohleb
Thank you for keeping us in the loop Ernest.
Also.....major kudos to you guys staying the course and not letting this shit slide.
Hoping you all get your property back.....at least.
I still would feel bad for him, IF you guys didn't give him every opportunity to make this right.
So glad to see progress.
Joe
Thanks Joe but kudos to Petey 2.1 he started this thread that brought us altogether.. in fact he inadvertently gave me the clue I needed to contact the correct police dept. and kudos to all who took action and called in complaints.

I take no,pleasure in seeing Steve Ketchen crash and burn after gaining a hard won reputation. I don't know the reason why he crashed and burned but I know I will if able retaliate if someone willfully tries to burn me, within the limits of the of the law or course. I still,hope Steve gets back on track and starts thinking his decisions through in the future. This is,probably his last chance to step up and do the right thing and hopefully start on the road to recovery and slowly repair his damaged reputation. But that said he still hasn't contacted me or any,others to my knowledge... makes me wonder if maybe he hasn't sold our knives and has compounded his problems... but the clock is ticking for him to man up.

This is excellent news. I checked and Clinton has 13,000 residents and it seems like a small town.

It must have been a shock to have the police show up at your door.

Well said Ernest. And understood.
It's obvious none of us see any pleasure in this, Steve getting his due. You know what that says???
It says that you're all stand up men that would never dream of scamming anyone.
:thumbsup:
Joe

Thanks Joe but kudos to Petey 2.1 he started this thread that brought us altogether.. in fact he inadvertently gave me the clue I needed to contact the correct police dept. and kudos to all who took action and called in complaints.

I take no,pleasure in seeing Steve Ketchen crash and burn after gaining a hard won reputation. I don't know the reason why he crashed and burned but I know I will if able retaliate if someone willfully tries to burn me, within the limits of the of the law or course. I still,hope Steve gets back on track and starts thinking his decisions through in the future. This is,probably his last chance to step up and do the right thing and hopefully start on the road to recovery and slowly repair his damaged reputation. But that said he still hasn't contacted me or any,others to my knowledge... makes me wonder if maybe he hasn't sold our knives and has compounded his problems... but the clock is ticking for him to man up.

No contact here, as Ernest said above I will also be surprised if we are contacted by Ketchen. I honestly feel there are no knives left to return. I would find it very surprising to find out all of our knives are still sitting on his work bench and that he "just got behind".

I think the guy has nothing to return to us, as he's probably blown it all on cocaine and hookers or something of the like.

If mr. Ketchen refuses or is stupid enough to take the chance that the detective gave him he will be in for amrude awakening. I worked for 20 years in the State of Washington as a corrections Officer and am well versed, at least in Washington, on how the criminal justice system works.

Once Ketchen doesn't take the opportunity given to him by the detective he will be arrested...zThe monetary amount involved has put,him in the realm of a felony. A bail amount will be placed on him to bond out of jail or in his case he might just be booked given a court date and released. Due to the fact he has a clean record. If he fails to show up for court then he is in a world of hurt and additional charges will be filed and bail amounts will go up.

As this is his first go around with law enforcement the judge may go easy. Give him a fine and time to make restition to the injured parties.. but then again he has stepped into the realm of a felony which themcourtsmtakema dim view and are a bit,more cranky on how they deal with you.

I do not know anything about Ketchen's family life. If he is a single dad the kids will be taken by,child,protective service for safe keeping if no family members are available to take custody.. if married one ticked off wife to deal with when he makes it home.

If he decides to hide out at a relatives house hoping this all blows over he will have compounded his problems and the judge will make it much harder and more expensive to bond out of jail until his arraignment date.

I have seen people come to jail on a simple driving while license suspended turn that into a felony end up doing 6 months to a year,in jail and watch a fairly,cheap fine grow into thousands of dollars.

Bottom line Steve has been given a rare chance to start making things right but if he doesn't he will get sucked into a system that will be taking a pound of his flesh and he still will be on the hook to make restitution. More than likely he will be facing hard time with the possibility of parole and one doesn't want to be in that world.. I have seen folks be a minute late in reporting to their probation officer spending a weekend in jail... each infraction after the first gives you a longer time in the clink up to the point of rescinding probation and making one do the full sentence.

I really hope for Ketchen's sake he mans the heck up cause the alternatives in this case can be grim....as I said the detective, due to his spotless record, has given Steve a rare chance to avoid a nasty patch in his life. I am going by the progression in the State of Washington but would suspect that all states are similar... the criminal justice system is not a pleasant way to be spending your time working ones way out of.

Steve get smart, contact us, work something out you have a lot to lose.. family, job, money, you have been given a rare opportunity don't blow it.

Last edited:
Just being arrested for and charged with a felony can cause a world of hurt. :( Thank God I speak from experiences of people I know and not myself. :eek:

E Ernest Wohleb

The community appreciates your efforts on this front..I would hope that Steve recovers and makes his customers whole on this deal.
Sad to see a person with such talent go south.

With that said, please edit out the profanity. Family friendly forum and all- At least this subforum.

I posted a message on his wall about that.
Joe

E Ernest Wohleb

The community appreciates your efforts on this front..I would hope that Steve recovers and makes his customers whole on this deal.

With that said, please edit out the profanity. Family friendly forum and all- At least this subforum.

E Ernest Wohleb

Oops,sorry I am still a bit steamed... if I knew how to edit I would..'kinda computer stupid.. won't happen again.

At the bottom of your post on the left is an icon. It is 3 horizontal lines......click on it and you will see 'EDIT'.
Click on it and you'll be able to edit out the F bomb brother!!
Joe

Oops,sorry I am still a bit steamed... if I knew how to edit I would..'kinda computer stupid.. won't happen again.

At the bottom of your post on the left is an icon. It is 3 horizontal lines......click on it and you will see 'EDIT'.
Click on it and you'll be able to edit out the F bomb brother!!
Joe
thanks Joe..surgical removal of bad words accomplished... won't make that mistake again.. I apologize if I offended anyone, was not my intentions. I was steamed after thinking through what the detective told me of the conversation he had with Steve. I wrote Steve 2 letters and gave him 3 options on how to contact me..'none of which he used.. so no phone service was bogus. And still no contact from him...really hoping I don't have to make that phone call Thursday although mad I take no pleasure in ruining someone's life or putting them through the judicial mill.

I think I'll mail him a prepaid USPS label as someone suggested earlier to give him one last chance to step back from the brink-- he's never been sideways with the law before, I think that alone merits one more shot at keeping his nose clean, just my 2 cents.

This also will serve as a litmus test as to whether or not he still is in possession of my blades-- because otherwise, why would he NOT ship them back to me if it costs him NOTHING besides his time to box em up and go to the PO? A small price to pay to save oneself from the gavel...

If he doesn't respond to that lifeline, he's either:
1. Sold or hocked them
2. Decided to keep them for himself <in other words, stole them>
3. To damned lazy & trifling to grab ahold of a life preserve someone's casted out to him.
*I know he hasn't misplaced them or had them stolen from him because the Det. reported that Ketchen told HIM DIRECTLY everyone's knives were SAFE & SOUND...so that possibility is off the table.

So, if it's one of those 3 numbered options, I have no problem letting the wheels of justice grind and still be able to pillow my head with a clear conscience that I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

So sad...I've literally lost sleep over Ketchen...I'm not talking about my knives, I'm talking about the MAN I used to trust.

I think I'll mail him a prepaid USPS label as someone suggested earlier to give him one last chance to step back from the brink-- he's never been sideways with the law before, I think that alone merits one more shot at keeping his nose clean, just my 2 cents.

This also will serve as a litmus test as to whether or not he still is in possession of my blades-- because otherwise, why would he NOT ship them back to me if it costs him NOTHING besides his time to box em up and go to the PO? A small price to pay to save oneself from the gavel...

If he doesn't respond to that lifeline, he's either:
1. Sold or hocked them
2. Decided to keep them for himself <in other words, stole them>
3. To damned lazy & trifling to grab ahold of a life preserve someone's casted out to him.
*I know he hasn't misplaced them or had them stolen from him because the Det. reported that Ketchen told HIM DIRECTLY everyone's knives were SAFE & SOUND...so that possibility is off the table.

So, if it's one of those 3 numbered options, I have no problem letting the wheels of justice grind and still be able to pillow my head with a clear conscience that I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

So sad...I've literally lost sleep over Ketchen...I'm not talking about my knives, I'm talking about the MAN I used to trust.

Pete

I feel your pain brother. You have held out many olive branches to Mr. Ketchen and reluctantly have taken action to rectify the situation.

As I have stated previously I am new to blademforum and this is my first attempt to utilize someone's services from the forum membership. I feel gob smacked. 40 plus pages of people singing praises for outstanding work from an ethical. Honest upfront craftsman. Trying to wrap my head around why is like playing pin the tail on the donkey.

I surely do hope that Steve takes this opportunity to step up. Going through all the comments I feel that most are willing to work with Steve if only he would reach out and offer a reasonable explanation as to the why's.

Steve if your reading theses posts please take the chance you have been offered. No one is out for your blood but we will not stand idly by if you in fact are engaging in unethical practices for monetary gain. I can't speak for anyone but myself.. I am willing to work with you if you meet me halfway...I do not wish to make that phone call on Thursday and have to inform the Detective that I have had negative contact with you. But, rest assured I will do so if just to protect any others from being scammed. Balls in your court bro.

Pete your one heck of a guy. As ticked as you are you still keep trying to nudge Steve in the right direction.. my hats off to ya brother.

You guys have been MORE than patient. There is no doubt you can hold your heads high, considering the way you have handled yourselves.
I know my first reaction would not have been as gentlemanly as yours.
I guess sending that pre paid envelope can't hurt Peter......although I don't believe a single word out of his mouth at this point. He told the Det your knives are in his possession.......I wish he asked to see them.
Also......I have a phone number he gave me in June, so if Ernest or Peter needs it, hit me up.
Joe

Have gotten a few PMs from friends here asking why I am so involved in this dumpster fire.
Here are the e mails between Steve and I from June 13 of this year.
That was before Peter began this thread.
He was trying to get me to send my knives, and my money, with no intention of doing anything but robbing me........this after many custom scale projects with him.
I know we can only speculate, but I'm reminded of the drug slide so many friends and family have gone down.

Oh Steve......please tell me this is an oversight on your part brother. I literally have a huge knot in my stomach.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...off-the-grid-lost-his-phone-whats-up.1509873/

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2017, at 10:39 AM, Steve Ketchen <sketchenscales@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't thank you enough for the concern Joe. I tend to self isolate in times of extreme stress which never helps anything.
I'm not taking in official orders until my plate is cleared, but if you want to sneak in I could hook you up in early August since I've got a vacation coming up then (wife and kids are heading to the beach so I get to stay home and work as much as I want...) ;-)

Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks
-Steve Ketchen

On Jun 14, 2017 10:25 AM, "Joe Palone" <palonej513@gmail.com> wrote:
So glad you got back to me my friend!! Was very concerned something bad was going on!!
I've got a nice Brous, Millie and a Sub Hilt I'd like you to hook up for me!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2017, at 9:35 AM, Steve Ketchen <sketchenscales@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Joe-
I appreciate you checking in.
It's been pretty bad here lately to be honest. Life has been throwing a lot of sucker punches my way but I'm trying to get things back on track.
Pretty sure I've contacted everyone who has active orders with me, so hard to keep up with the emails.
Please feel free to shoot me a text or call anytime.

Thanks
-Steve Ketchen

On Jun 13, 2017 11:10 PM, "Joe Palone" <palonej513@gmail.com> wrote:
Yo Mr S!!!
Are you ok my friend??? Lots of people are concerned! You dropped off the map bro!!
Really hoping you're ok Steve. Please hit me back.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone

You guys have been MORE than patient. There is no doubt you can hold your heads high, considering the way you have handled yourselves.
I know my first reaction would not have been as gentlemanly as yours.
I guess sending that pre paid envelope can't hurt Peter......although I don't believe a single word out of his mouth at this point. He told the Det your knives are in his possession.......I wish he asked to see them.
Also......I have a phone number he gave me in June, so if Ernest or Peter needs it, hit me up.
Joe

Have gotten a few PMs from friends here asking why I am so involved in this dumpster fire.
Here are the e mails between Steve and I from June 13 of this year.
That was before Peter began this thread.
He was trying to get me to send my knives, and my money, with no intention of doing anything but robbing me........this after many custom scale projects with him.
I know we can only speculate, but I'm reminded of the drug slide so many friends and family have gone down.

Oh Steve......please tell me this is an oversight on your part brother. I literally have a huge knot in my stomach.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...off-the-grid-lost-his-phone-whats-up.1509873/

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2017, at 10:39 AM, Steve Ketchen <sketchenscales@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't thank you enough for the concern Joe. I tend to self isolate in times of extreme stress which never helps anything.
I'm not taking in official orders until my plate is cleared, but if you want to sneak in I could hook you up in early August since I've got a vacation coming up then (wife and kids are heading to the beach so I get to stay home and work as much as I want...) ;-)

Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks
-Steve Ketchen

On Jun 14, 2017 10:25 AM, "Joe Palone" <palonej513@gmail.com> wrote:
So glad you got back to me my friend!! Was very concerned something bad was going on!!
I've got a nice Brous, Millie and a Sub Hilt I'd like you to hook up for me!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2017, at 9:35 AM, Steve Ketchen <sketchenscales@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Joe-
I appreciate you checking in.
It's been pretty bad here lately to be honest. Life has been throwing a lot of sucker punches my way but I'm trying to get things back on track.
Pretty sure I've contacted everyone who has active orders with me, so hard to keep up with the emails.
Please feel free to shoot me a text or call anytime.

Thanks
-Steve Ketchen

On Jun 13, 2017 11:10 PM, "Joe Palone" <palonej513@gmail.com> wrote:
Yo Mr S!!!
Are you ok my friend??? Lots of people are concerned! You dropped off the map bro!!
Really hoping you're ok Steve. Please hit me back.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone
Joe if you don't mind sending me his phone Nr. I will make an attempt to call him. For,privacy sake my email is sparkdogelw@aol.com.. I will try if he doesn't answer or respond I am done with this mess and will call Clinton PD on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back