• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed Stick06, JLVL and a PM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your input, there's no entitlement going on here, merely reporting what happened in the forum suggested by a mod. If you worry about selling on this site because people share information about sales thread I'd be happy to recommend a few other knife forums where communication isn't as good. Just let me know, would be glad to help you out.
Not at all worried about the sharing of information, good or bad, but am worried about the entitlement shown by many of the members here when they feel that they did not get their way and then actually try to bully their way into what they feel was right.

Why don't you go ahead and recommend some other knife forums and see how that works out for you.

Sellers do rule in the exchange ... by setting their price ... and although most try to go by the "first to post an unqualified "I'll take it" in the sale thread ...

but due to some fools playing games and trying to scam folks a few safety disclaimers such as ... a simple phrase "I reserve the right to sell to whom I wish" ... or "I reserve the right to deny sale to anyone for any reason" ...

and even if they go by strictly the first to say "I'll take it outright" ... you never know what was said or when in PM or email ...

and when several posts come up at the same time one may show first on the sellers page and a different post on the buyers ... if you doubt this at all ... I recommemd you attend a CPK Friday sale and see it is easy to get 17 #3 posts ... or show #4 and refresh your pc and find yourself in #44 instead ...

life goes on ...

Sellers do rule in the exchange ... by setting their price ... and although most try to go by the "first to post an unqualified "I'll take it" in the sale thread ...

but due to some fools playing games and trying to scam folks a few safety disclaimers such as ... a simple phrase "I reserve the right to sell to whom I wish" ... or "I reserve the right to deny sale to anyone for any reason" ...

and even if they go by strictly the first to say "I'll take it outright" ... you never know what was said or when in PM or email ...

and when several posts come up at the same time one may show first on the sellers page and a different post on the buyers ... if you doubt this at all ... I recommemd you attend a CPK Friday sale and see it is easy to get 17 #3 posts ... or show #4 and refresh your pc and find yourself in #44 instead ...

life goes on ...
Exactly, that happened to me two weeks in a row before I finally got one but did you see any GBU posts from their sales??? My posts were in the 20's when I hit enter and the forum accepted the post and then it was like 45 once the forum software sifted through the posts.

Warning issued for trolling

life goes on ...

Come on Charlie...you can get through this!

Hi BladeForums,

I am the OP of the sale thread. I too enjoy BF and think it is a great community. I don't have a high post count and I haven't been here as long as a lot of you. I tend to read and learn here rather than post. I have bought a few knives on the exchange and this was my first FS thread.

Thanks to those who tagged me as I was not aware of this thread until I checked BF this afternoon. I finally had time to read through it and thank you to everyone for their level-headed responses.

I posted the FS thread yesterday morning. I was still in the process of adding more knives\info when I saw the post by JLVL stating he would take the PM2. I did not see the post from charlie2times at that time. I then DM'ed JLVL that the knife was his and he sent payment which I accepted. This all happened within a matter of a few minutes. Either JLVL's post showed in my browser first or maybe I somehow missed charlie2times post. I then saw charlie2times post and DM which I politely replied to that the knife had been sold and that JLVL had posted at the same time as him (10:08 AM). He then stated his time stamp was first. I again politely responded that I had not seen his post first. He requested that I refund JLVL and so he could buy the knife. I apologized again and told him I had already accepted the funds. Charlie2times went on to again say i should refund JLVL and sell the knife to him because it was the honorable thing to do.

At this point, I had already apologized to charlie2times 3 times and told him it was sold and funds had been accepted. When he DMed me again, I was running out of polite ways to say no and I got the feeling he wasn't going to let it go. I had thing to do, so I went about my day.

It's unfortunate it turned into this. I guess I have learned my lesson that I need to be more careful when stating my terms in a sale thread. I thought I was doing a good thing by selling here on BF for what I paid rather than trying to make a profit here or Ebay. Again, lesson learned.

Not at all worried about the sharing of information, good or bad, but am worried about the entitlement shown by many of the members here when they feel that they did not get their way and then actually try to bully their way into what they feel was right.

Why don't you go ahead and recommend some other knife forums and see how that works out for you.

You seem worried, you even said as much in your previous post. You're conflating sharing information with entitlement, that's cool though, we all make mistakes. There's a difference though, nowhere in this thread did I state I was entitled to anything. I merely shared what happened in a sales thread as a mod suggested I do in this section of the forum. Hopefully that's cleared up any confusion you might have. Again, thanks for the input.

Either JLVL's post showed in my browser first or maybe I somehow missed charlie2times post.

When you're doing things in a thread while new posts are being made, the software tends to hide them behind a "There are new messages ..." thing at the bottom and it can be easy to miss those posts in my experience.

Genuinely curious, wouldn't the message coming in after the first be the one to fall under the "There are new messages ..."? Or, would the first post fall under the "There are new messages ..." after the 2nd post was made? If you can give me an example of the latter happening I would happily apologize to both bf members.

Hi BladeForums,

I am the OP of the sale thread. I too enjoy BF and think it is a great community. I don't have a high post count and I haven't been here as long as a lot of you. I tend to read and learn here rather than post. I have bought a few knives on the exchange and this was my first FS thread.

Thanks to those who tagged me as I was not aware of this thread until I checked BF this afternoon. I finally had time to read through it and thank you to everyone for their level-headed responses.

I posted the FS thread yesterday morning. I was still in the process of adding more knives\info when I saw the post by JLVL stating he would take the PM2. I did not see the post from charlie2times at that time. I then DM'ed JLVL that the knife was his and he sent payment which I accepted. This all happened within a matter of a few minutes. Either JLVL's post showed in my browser first or maybe I somehow missed charlie2times post. I then saw charlie2times post and DM which I politely replied to that the knife had been sold and that JLVL had posted at the same time as him (10:08 AM). He then stated his time stamp was first. I again politely responded that I had not seen his post first. He requested that I refund JLVL and so he could buy the knife. I apologized again and told him I had already accepted the funds. Charlie2times went on to again say i should refund JLVL and sell the knife to him because it was the honorable thing to do.

At this point, I had already apologized to charlie2times 3 times and told him it was sold and funds had been accepted. When he DMed me again, I was running out of polite ways to say no and I got the feeling he wasn't going to let it go. I had thing to do, so I went about my day.

It's unfortunate it turned into this. I guess I have learned my lesson that I need to be more careful when stating my terms in a sale thread. I thought I was doing a good thing by selling here on BF for what I paid rather than trying to make a profit here or Ebay. Again, lesson learned.

I think you were well within your rights to stop responding when you did.

Genuinely curious, wouldn't the message coming in after the first be the one to fall under the "There are new messages ..."? Or, would the first post fall under the "There are new messages ..." after the 2nd post was made?

I'm not really sure how it works. I stopped bothering clicking on it after a while as I often still had to reload the thread to get posts back in order.

Genuinely curious, wouldn't the message coming in after the first be the one to fall under the "There are new messages ..."? Or, would the first post fall under the "There are new messages ..." after the 2nd post was made? If you can give me an example of the latter happening I would happily apologize to both bf members.
You should probably apologize to both of them anyways, to be honest. You've blown this out of proportions and didn't even bother to tag either party.

I'm not really sure how it works. I stopped bothering clicking on it after a while as I often still had to reload the thread to get posts back in order.

Exactly. The new posts look out of order until you reload the page.

Interesting take, thanks for the input. I disagree with it wholeheartedly, but, to each their own :)

You know what makes me feel better when I miss out on a sick Spyderco? A nice big titanium sword, that's what. Yes sir, if I were in your shoes, I'd get myself a fat titanium alloy sword. Immediately. That would show them. With a titanium sword, I'd kick sand in THEIR faces! :mad:

OP, It is disappointing that you started this thread.
The first couple of lines when you started talking about how you always do the right thing and honor, etc. is quite odd. You have not done the right thing at any point since posting in the seller's thread. Sorry you missed out on a knife - it's not a one of a kind item even. You and the buyer both posted at basically the same time. You have no idea if he PMd first. You said the seller ignored you; but he says he did respond and apologized. I believe the seller. Even if both the buyer and seller did ignore you - I would not blame them...not one bit. Then you start doing all the WRONG things >>> you start PMing the seller more, then harass the buyer. Then you start crapping all over the sales thread. Go on and on, raising a little childish fit; because you did not get what you wanted and you feel that you are ENTITLED to that knife at a good price. Then you start this thread, naming names etc. (which is absurd by the way) and even though most people tried to politely tell you maybe you were not handling this appropriately, you tell everyone you disagree. You did not even (do the right thing - after you did the wrong thing) by telling the two parties you are "exposing" that you started this thread? You got mad that the seller did not sell to you and then you went on a mission to exact some form of revenge - how dare they not bow to your demands?
seriously? My 10 year old is more mature than this.
Personally, I think you should apologize to both the seller and buyer plus change the title to this thread.
The right thing to do would have been to just move on and get over the fact that you just missed a production knife. No, you continue to do the wrong thing and are hurting your rep.

"OP, It is disappointing that you started this thread."

I disagree.

"The first couple of lines when you started talking about how you always do the right thing and honor, etc. is quite odd."

There's nothing wrong with honoring a claim, actually, it's what this forum depends on to survive.

"You have not done the right thing at any point since posting in the seller's thread."

I think your interpretation of events is entirely incorrect.

"Sorry you missed out on a knife - it's not a one of a kind item even."

Not the point.

"You and the buyer both posted at basically the same time."

And oddly enough multiple members in the thread were aware of the first claim.

"You have no idea if he PMd first. You said the seller ignored you; but he says he did respond and apologized. I believe the seller."

Again, your interpretation is flawed, I said JLVL ignored me and that the seller stopped responding i.e. he did initially. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to what's being discussed.

"Even if both the buyer and seller did ignore you - I would not blame them...not one bit."

Irrelevant.

"Then you start doing all the WRONG things >>> you start PMing the seller more, then harass the buyer."

Yet again your interpretation is flawed. I did not harass anyone.

"Then you start crapping all over the sales thread."

Pointing out what happened doesn't equal crapping.

"Go on and on, raising a little childish fit; because you did not get what you wanted and you feel that you are ENTITLED to that knife at a good price."

You seem to be triggered and having the tantrum.

"Then you start this thread,"

As a moderator suggested.

"naming names etc. (which is absurd by the way)"

Never happened, but, ok.

"and even though most people tried to politely tell you maybe you were not handling this appropriately, you tell everyone you disagree."

That's generally how adult conversations are carried out.

"You did not even (do the right thing - after you did the wrong thing) by telling the two parties you are "exposing" that you started this thread?"

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there was no communication going on, I saw no point in wasting anymore time.

"You got mad that the seller did not sell to you and then you went on a mission to exact some form of revenge - how dare they not bow to your demands?"

You seem confused, I merely wrote a post that reflected events that occurred.

"seriously? My 10 year old is more mature than this."

Your 10 year old must be exceptionally mature if he/she is as or more mature than this.

"Personally, I think you should apologize to both the seller and buyer plus change the title to this thread."

Personally, I place zero emphasis on your opinion.

"The right thing to do would have been to just move on and get over the fact that you just missed a production knife."

The right thing to do is in an unbiased way right the events in the way they happened.

"No, you continue to do the wrong thing and are hurting your rep."

My rep is fine thank you very much, and as always, thank you for the input :)

A couple things to learn/note from this thread.

First, (and this was not the case here as explained by the seller, yet a plausible possibility for this type of situation) is that a potential buyer may be on the other parties ignore list. This will make it so that your post in a sales thread and quite possibly even PMs are effectively non existent to the other party .

Second, even in sales threads that only say "first I'll take it gets it", "probably" or "most likely" should always be implied even though it is unstated. Bottom line, sellers have a right to choose who they do business with. If they want to pass on the first claimant because they have a couple of negative feedbacks, a history of flaking, brand new and trying to purchase a high dollar item, dislike the poster due to other forum issues, or just missed their claim because someone said it at the exact same time, ect well they are allowed that discretion.

OP, you did name names. Right there in the title. Just because you didnt give their names on their driver's license doesn't make it any less so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back