• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed Stick06, JLVL and a PM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BladeForums,

I am the OP of the sale thread. I too enjoy BF and think it is a great community. I don't have a high post count and I haven't been here as long as a lot of you. I tend to read and learn here rather than post. I have bought a few knives on the exchange and this was my first FS thread.

Thanks to those who tagged me as I was not aware of this thread until I checked BF this afternoon. I finally had time to read through it and thank you to everyone for their level-headed responses.

I posted the FS thread yesterday morning. I was still in the process of adding more knives\info when I saw the post by JLVL stating he would take the PM2. I did not see the post from charlie2times at that time. I then DM'ed JLVL that the knife was his and he sent payment which I accepted. This all happened within a matter of a few minutes. Either JLVL's post showed in my browser first or maybe I somehow missed charlie2times post. I then saw charlie2times post and DM which I politely replied to that the knife had been sold and that JLVL had posted at the same time as him (10:08 AM). He then stated his time stamp was first. I again politely responded that I had not seen his post first. He requested that I refund JLVL and so he could buy the knife. I apologized again and told him I had already accepted the funds. Charlie2times went on to again say i should refund JLVL and sell the knife to him because it was the honorable thing to do.

At this point, I had already apologized to charlie2times 3 times and told him it was sold and funds had been accepted. When he DMed me again, I was running out of polite ways to say no and I got the feeling he wasn't going to let it go. I had thing to do, so I went about my day.

It's unfortunate it turned into this. I guess I have learned my lesson that I need to be more careful when stating my terms in a sale thread. I thought I was doing a good thing by selling here on BF for what I paid rather than trying to make a profit here or Ebay. Again, lesson learned.

Thanks for taking the time to explain what and when things transpired. It fills in the ?'s I had on the deal . Hope this doesn't discourage you from future selling.

A couple things to learn/note from this thread.

First, (and this was not the case here as explained by the seller, yet a plausible possibility for this type of situation) is that a potential buyer may be on the other parties ignore list. This will make it so that your post in a sales thread and quite possibly even PMs are effectively non existent to the other party .

Second, even in sales threads that only say "first I'll take it gets it", "probably" or "most likely" should always be implied even though it is unstated. Bottom line, sellers have a right to choose who they do business with. If they want to pass on the first claimant because they have a couple of negative feedbacks, a history of flaking, brand new and trying to purchase a high dollar item, dislike the poster due to other forum issues, or just missed their claim because someone said it at the exact same time, ect well they are allowed that discretion.

OP, you did name names. Right there in the title. Just because you didnt give their names on their driver's license doesn't make it any less so.
Regarding point number one.... OP is most certainly getting himself added to more ignore lists and his issue with not having his posts being seen is only going to get worse.

Hi BladeForums,

I am the OP of the sale thread. I too enjoy BF and think it is a great community. I don't have a high post count and I haven't been here as long as a lot of you. I tend to read and learn here rather than post. I have bought a few knives on the exchange and this was my first FS thread.

Thanks to those who tagged me as I was not aware of this thread until I checked BF this afternoon. I finally had time to read through it and thank you to everyone for their level-headed responses.

I posted the FS thread yesterday morning. I was still in the process of adding more knives\info when I saw the post by JLVL stating he would take the PM2. I did not see the post from charlie2times at that time. I then DM'ed JLVL that the knife was his and he sent payment which I accepted. This all happened within a matter of a few minutes. Either JLVL's post showed in my browser first or maybe I somehow missed charlie2times post. I then saw charlie2times post and DM which I politely replied to that the knife had been sold and that JLVL had posted at the same time as him (10:08 AM). He then stated his time stamp was first. I again politely responded that I had not seen his post first. He requested that I refund JLVL and so he could buy the knife. I apologized again and told him I had already accepted the funds. Charlie2times went on to again say i should refund JLVL and sell the knife to him because it was the honorable thing to do.

At this point, I had already apologized to charlie2times 3 times and told him it was sold and funds had been accepted. When he DMed me again, I was running out of polite ways to say no and I got the feeling he wasn't going to let it go. I had thing to do, so I went about my day.

It's unfortunate it turned into this. I guess I have learned my lesson that I need to be more careful when stating my terms in a sale thread. I thought I was doing a good thing by selling here on BF for what I paid rather than trying to make a profit here or Ebay. Again, lesson learned.

You did nothing wrong, don't worry. OP did everything wrong, he's going on the ignore list...

"OP, It is disappointing that you started this thread."

I disagree.

"The first couple of lines when you started talking about how you always do the right thing and honor, etc. is quite odd."

There's nothing wrong with honoring a claim, actually, it's what this forum depends on to survive.

"You have not done the right thing at any point since posting in the seller's thread."

I think your interpretation of events is entirely incorrect.

"Sorry you missed out on a knife - it's not a one of a kind item even."

Not the point.

"You and the buyer both posted at basically the same time."

And oddly enough multiple members in the thread were aware of the first claim.

"You have no idea if he PMd first. You said the seller ignored you; but he says he did respond and apologized. I believe the seller."

Again, your interpretation is flawed, I said JLVL ignored me and that the seller stopped responding i.e. he did initially. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to what's being discussed.

"Even if both the buyer and seller did ignore you - I would not blame them...not one bit."

Irrelevant.

"Then you start doing all the WRONG things >>> you start PMing the seller more, then harass the buyer."

Yet again your interpretation is flawed. I did not harass anyone.

"Then you start crapping all over the sales thread."

Pointing out what happened doesn't equal crapping.

"Go on and on, raising a little childish fit; because you did not get what you wanted and you feel that you are ENTITLED to that knife at a good price."

You seem to be triggered and having the tantrum.

"Then you start this thread,"

As a moderator suggested.

"naming names etc. (which is absurd by the way)"

Never happened, but, ok.

"and even though most people tried to politely tell you maybe you were not handling this appropriately, you tell everyone you disagree."

That's generally how adult conversations are carried out.

"You did not even (do the right thing - after you did the wrong thing) by telling the two parties you are "exposing" that you started this thread?"

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there was no communication going on, I saw no point in wasting anymore time.

"You got mad that the seller did not sell to you and then you went on a mission to exact some form of revenge - how dare they not bow to your demands?"

You seem confused, I merely wrote a post that reflected events that occurred.

"seriously? My 10 year old is more mature than this."

Your 10 year old must be exceptionally mature if he/she is as or more mature than this.

"Personally, I think you should apologize to both the seller and buyer plus change the title to this thread."

Personally, I place zero emphasis on your opinion.

"The right thing to do would have been to just move on and get over the fact that you just missed a production knife."

The right thing to do is in an unbiased way right the events in the way they happened.

"No, you continue to do the wrong thing and are hurting your rep."

My rep is fine thank you very much, and as always, thank you for the input :)

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, you are wrong and you just don’t get it.

I was going to post a detailed reply, but at this point it is obvious that you Don’t understand how wrong you are.

To be blunt, you are acting like a selfish child. You owe the seller and the buyer an apology.

Thanks again for posting and displaying your character.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, you are wrong and you just don’t get it.

I was going to post a detailed reply, but at this point it is obvious that you Don’t understand how wrong you are.

To be blunt, you are acting like a selfish child. You owe the seller and the buyer an apology.

Thanks again for posting and displaying your character.

Again, thank you for the input, you happen to be incorrect in all your assessments, but, at least you're consistent. Solid work.

It boggles my mind that someone who's been here this long, and with so many transactions, would even start this thread, let alone carry on like this. If it was a newbie I could somewhat understand. And if the OP had stopped after a few posts and walked away, realizing he was only hurting himself by continuing, little to no damage done. But we're way past that point now, so not only do you not have the knife, but now your reputation has taken a hit (whether you wish to believe it or not).

If it had been me, I too probably would have sent the seller a PM asking what happened...perfectly reasonable. But after his response, I would have simply suggested he pay more close attention in the future, and moved on. I would not even think to suggest he reverse the sale to the other member, never mind start a GBU thread over it.:rolleyes:

Same thought here. The seller’s explanation made total sense and it seems like the buyer is pouting about not getting to buy an incredibly common knife that is easy to buy new.

Same thought here. The seller’s explanation made total sense and it seems like the buyer is pouting about not getting to buy an incredibly common knife that is easy to buy new.

I think it was an M390 PM2, but still... :rolleyes:

charlie2times charlie2times please try to understand that your sense of entitlement has clouded your perceptions. NOBODY is taking your side and you’ve irreparably damaged your reputation.

At this point, maybe you should switch tactics and convince us a rotten, sugar-raging 12 year-old has hacked your account...

Hackenslash Hackenslash please try to understand there is no sense of entitlement, you only speak for yourself, what strangers on the internet think about me is laughably irrelevant. But, thank you for the for sharing.

Hackenslash Hackenslash please try to understand there is no sense of entitlement, you only speak for yourself, what strangers on the internet think about me is laughably irrelevant. But, thank you for the for sharing.
It’s relevant if you want someone to buy from you again. You really are acting petulant. It looks like JLVL’s reply was seen first and he/she got the knife. According to the seller, you got annoying with pushing them to refund JLVL and sell you the knife instead. It’s ultimately the seller’s choice. Hard to believe a 6 year member doesn’t understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back